Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2022 9:13:17 AM EDT
Put some powder residue and a few flecks of smokeless powder in your pockets. Get harrassed, sue for harrassment. Profit.
https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/19/columbiana-mall-adds-firearm-detecting-k9-security/
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep

I believe it to be an empty threat.

It’s not like you can’t just stay clear of the dog.

I have also never been a gun sniffing dog. In my line of work all they would do is spend their day sitting down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont think such a dog exists.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
bomb sniffing dogs can find ammo. It isn't sniffing for the gun. it is trying to find the gunpowder.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bomb sniffing dogs can find ammo. It isn't sniffing for the gun. it is trying to find the gunpowder.
View Quote

They would sit next to me no matter if I had a gun on me or not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They would sit next to me no matter if I had a gun on me or not.
View Quote

It would find nearly all of us.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone still make those little red rolls of caps for cap guns?  You could cut the roll into pieces and walk around randomly dropping them as you went, placing them in planters and trash cans, etc.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
If powder wasn’t so rare and expensive, you could buy a pound and sprinkle it randomly throughout the mall. Drive them crazy ??
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
My old boss was heading to the airport to catch a flight. I told him I was going to pepper his floorboard with powder just to see if the TSA would catch it.
Wife saw the news article and was gushing over how cute Carlos is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
In before the dog disproportionately smells a legally protected group.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My old boss was heading to the airport to catch a flight. I told him I was going to pepper his floorboard with powder just to see if the TSA would catch it.
Wife saw the news article and was gushing over how cute Carlos is.
View Quote

My one-and-only TSA prostate exam was 2002 at Detroit (DTW) over my shoes with enough explosive on them to launch a Russian tank turret into orbit.  My crime?  Walking across bankrupt-that-week KMart's HQ parking lot and whatever T.F. their groundskeeping company put down as ice-melt chemical.

Anyhow.  I need to go to the mall.  I need socks.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In before the dog disproportionately smells a legally protected group.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I have some powder remnants that I might let go for 'experimental' use.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have some powder remnants that I might let go for 'experimental' use.
View Quote

How is IMR 4198 and IMR 4350 for "experimental" use?

A neighbor gave me two open cans when he moved to Indiana about 15 years ago.  The cans were open for 5-10 years before that.  I meant to pour them out in the landscaping beds but got kinda busy.  I think I have enough of the 4198 in the 1 lb can to do a proper St Javelin Eastern Orthodox blessing at each entrance of a mall or something.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone still make those little red rolls of caps for cap guns?  You could cut the roll into pieces and walk around randomly dropping them as you went, placing them in planters and trash cans, etc.  
View Quote

The tourist trap stores here sell them. I'll send you some.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks but I haven't been in that mall in years, maybe since 2006?  I'm trying to recall the last time I stopped by a store even in that general area and I think it was PSA on Fernandina pre-wuflu while passing through on my way to go hunting.  As usual, they didn't have the part I wanted in stock (an H2 buffer).  
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Here we go again...

Woman and 13-year-old caught with loaded firearm at Columbiana Centre
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - A 40-year-old woman and a 13-year-old boy have both been charged after they were found with a loaded firearm at Columbiana Centre Tuesday night.

La’Kenyatta Moore-Rhodes has been charged with pointing and presenting a firearm, unlawful carry of a firearm, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to the Columbia Police Department.

Officers were dispatched to 100 Columbiana Drive around 7:00 p.m. Tuesday after a report of a female and juvenile were presenting firearms at people inside the mall.

When officers arrived, the suspects were found near the food court and detained them. After searching the teen, officers found a loaded 9mm firearm.

During the course of the investigation and after reviewing surveillance video, investigators found that Moore-Rhodes had the loaded gun in her possession and gave it to the teen.

According to police, Rhodes-Moore does not have a South Carolina concealed weapons permit.

The minor is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a person under the age of 18, unlawful carry of a firearm and pointing and presenting a firearm.

https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/25/woman-13-year-old-caught-with-loaded-firearm-columbiana-centre/
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here we go again...

Woman and 13-year-old caught with loaded firearm at Columbiana Centre
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - A 40-year-old woman and a 13-year-old boy have both been charged after they were found with a loaded firearm at Columbiana Centre Tuesday night.

La’Kenyatta Moore-Rhodes has been charged with pointing and presenting a firearm, unlawful carry of a firearm, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to the Columbia Police Department.

Officers were dispatched to 100 Columbiana Drive around 7:00 p.m. Tuesday after a report of a female and juvenile were presenting firearms at people inside the mall.

When officers arrived, the suspects were found near the food court and detained them. After searching the teen, officers found a loaded 9mm firearm.

During the course of the investigation and after reviewing surveillance video, investigators found that Moore-Rhodes had the loaded gun in her possession and gave it to the teen.

According to police, Rhodes-Moore does not have a South Carolina concealed weapons permit.

The minor is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a person under the age of 18, unlawful carry of a firearm and pointing and presenting a firearm.

https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/25/woman-13-year-old-caught-with-loaded-firearm-columbiana-centre/
View Quote

So contrary to the title of that, they weren't charged after being found with a firearm.  They were charged after being stupid and brandishing said firearm and pointing it at several people.  There is a vast difference there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Does that mean that the CWP people are obeying the signs along with the gun thugs? Brandishing a gun in the wrong company could get youself shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top