Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 1:04:48 PM EDT
I'm cross posting this in WA HTF to catch anyone on the other side of the river:

I met up with a bunch of guys about a month ago to do a 6 mile qualification ruck for the American Pioneer Corps.   Great group of guys, but it would be nice to meet up with guys locally so I don't have to drive 5 hours each way just to ruck.  Anyone interested in meeting up?  Eventually I'd like to start a local chapter, but for now it would be nice just to ruck.  

I'm based in Hood River.  An easy ruck to meet up for would be along the Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail that runs along I84, but I'm open to travel closer to Portland if anyone has other ideas.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I spent last weekend staffing the Warfighter Challenge in Montana. It was a really awesome event. It would be great to have some teams from Oregon and Washington go next year.  Land navigation, rucking, building one rope bridges, shooting, obstacle course, problem solving scenarios, etc.  Anyone interested in meeting up in the Columbia River Gorge area to do some rucking/skill building?  
2021 Warfighter Challenge thread, with after action reports and pictures.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to complet the section of PCT from Whatum lake to the gorge (could be a day hike). I could meet up with you if you wanted to do that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the distance on that leg?  That might work out if the timing works.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the distance on that leg?  That might work out if the timing works.
View Quote

I think its around 15miles, but mostly downhill after the first few miles. Since its longer distance maybe we could adjust the ruck weight (not sure if there is one?)

If you want to pm me sone date options well try and make it happen!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think its around 15miles, but mostly downhill after the first few miles. Since its longer distance maybe we could adjust the ruck weight (not sure if there is one?)

If you want to pm me sone date options well try and make it happen!
View Quote

The standard is 35 lbs with a rifle, or 45 lbs without.  Six miles at a 3 mph pace is required.  What I might do is load my pack up with rocks or something I could dump after 6 or 8 miles if it's getting to be too much.  The rest of the way could just be with the pack and water/emergency stuff, etc.  I'd like to get at least one more person involved.  There are supposed to be two witnesses.  But if nothing else, It would be good to do the hike anyway.  Maybe I could get my wife to go too.  I'll send you a message when I figure out some dates.  Looking to go soon, or just whenever?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The standard is 35 lbs with a rifle, or 45 lbs without.  Six miles at a 3 mph pace is required.  What I might do is load my pack up with rocks or something I could dump after 6 or 8 miles if it's getting to be too much.  The rest of the way could just be with the pack and water/emergency stuff, etc.  I'd like to get at least one more person involved.  There are supposed to be two witnesses.  But if nothing else, It would be good to do the hike anyway.  Maybe I could get my wife to go too.  I'll send you a message when I figure out some dates.  Looking to go soon, or just whenever?
View Quote

Not looking to go soon, but if a weekend works out it can be whenever. I'm doing Willamette pass to the South Sister in a few weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top