Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 6:24:43 AM EDT
cannot...or will not.

Give people a inch and they'll take a mile.

"The minute that people were lining up, people are hugging and trying to pull tables together," Duganier said.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/05/05/restaurants-face-difficulty-enforcing-social-distancing-outdoor-dining-reopens/

@ErikS
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
So stupid. New cases per day are not decreasing, nor is the death rate per day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Some find freedom scary... Nothing is stopping those who are at risk from staying home. Correspondingly, nothing should be stopping those not facing a statistically significant risk from choosing to go out and interact with other humans.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Azalin:
Some find freedom scary... Nothing is stopping those who are at risk from staying home. Correspondingly, nothing should be stopping those not facing a statistically significant risk from choosing to go out and interact with other humans.
View Quote

OK FluBro
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to go out and hug and pull tables together you should be allowed. Scared of your shadow stay home. We going to close the country ever flu  season? Guess well open the country for a bit then close it because chinese killer hornets.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
ZFG

I am responsible for my safety.  I use PPE and don't touch anyone that doesn't live in my home.  

YRMV depending on how you approach this mess.  

The restaurant is responsible for using healthy practices, healthy workers and providing a healthy place to dine.  The patrons are responsible for themselves.  

Yes, people are stupid.  

I went to Sportsman's Warehouse today and walked in the Guitar Center store at Harbison with my son, wore a mask, sanitizer was used but I still got out and about, safely.  I get takeout from Mcalister's Deli also.  Odd, their workers don't use PPE while the folks at Guitar Center all do, along with making sure you don't touch shop products, you walk around with the worker married up to the shopper.

I have also been to Lowe's, wearing PPE.  

We can't live in lockdown but we can exercise safe practices that allow us to live freely.  

Columbia is much more stringent than Sumter.  But we knew the mayor there was a tyrant.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top