Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2022 8:26:44 PM EDT
Es caca is putting on their first ever gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend.

Commence "Operation Gun Show Cropdust".

Actually it's more like "Operation Not Going". Between door admission, parking fee, and fuel it would cost me $35-40 just to get in the door. 'Eff that.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I was sort of toying with the idea of taking some powder and some primers there barely undercutting the least greedy seller and that's not saying much.

As always:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I was out there Saturday. The SCACA director has really improved the show. Most of the non-gun related vendors are gone. Much more room than the Jamil show.

I found several nice US military collectors knives from various dealers there. It was a great show.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My take is that there are roomier aisles in which to peruse the dollar a round ammo, $120 $200 a brick primers, and lbs of powder starting at $45 $65. .

And of course these morons:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm not paying $15 parking/admission plus $4/gal. gasoline for that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
when the fair grounds stop being anti-2nd ill patron. my brother that is a police officer (SLED) was not allowed to carry his firearm concealed in because he was off duty.  their security team decided even off duty police officers shouldn't carry, im not stepping foot there. Haven't in 8 years.

I still cant understand why anything dealing with firearms would even want to be their.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
when the fair grounds stop being anti-2nd ill patron. my brother that is a police officer (SLED) was not allowed to carry his firearm concealed in because he was off duty.  their security team decided even off duty police officers shouldn't carry, im not stepping foot there. Haven't in 8 years.

I still cant understand why anything dealing with firearms would even want to be their.
View Quote

Why should he have special privileges? Also most gun show nd’s are the leo’s checking guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds to me like one of the king's men got an education in civics: the concept of private property rights.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun show schedule for Columbia:

A show in May (Jamil)
A show in June (fairgrounds)
A show in July (Jamil)

And then things cool off for a while until November or so.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why should he have special privileges? Also most gun show nd’s are the leo’s checking guns.
View Quote

it was at the state fair....you would think they would want as much protection as they could with the shootings they have going on there. the entire fair ground is posted against firearms. why patron a place that is anti 2nd? did you know Lenna Fulmer and Mark Buyck (board members) are also donors to Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Go where you want, but I still have no idea why any "gun" group would hold anything there.

And its the neck beards i gather with the most NDs. The ones running around with armor, 100 mags , beards, with the line 9 shirts on, preaching training when all the training you need you get in the military accually doing something instead of playing warrior. the ones sitting around watching tac TV all day stroking that weapon wishing a MFr would.  thinking they still in iraq or never even went but want to play the roll. You know, 99% of the people here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I smell troll poontang.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I smell troll poontang.
View Quote

Or someone who took a CWP course from an instructor who never left the sandbox.  

... because all the students want a CWP instructor who was in the sandbox.  That's how you get your money's worth from the CWP class.  The SLED course of fire is boring.  You don't get that CWP badge unless you can rappel from a helicopter dropline upside-down and nail all I Don't Practice Anymore (IDPA) A-Zone hits.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

it was at the state fair....you would think they would want as much protection as they could with the shootings they have going on there. the entire fair ground is posted against firearms. why patron a place that is anti 2nd? did you know Lenna Fulmer and Mark Buyck (board members) are also donors to Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Go where you want, but I still have no idea why any "gun" group would hold anything there.

And its the neck beards i gather with the most NDs. The ones running around with armor, 100 mags , beards, with the line 9 shirts on, preaching training when all the training you need you get in the military accually doing something instead of playing warrior. the ones sitting around watching tac TV all day stroking that weapon wishing a MFr would.  thinking they still in iraq or never even went but want to play the roll. You know, 99% of the people here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel youre not going to be well received here. I dont think ive been to a gun show at a gun friendly place as you put it. Who cares if people have armor and an ass load of mags. Leo’s are not special man. Have you ever been to a dept qual? Ive seen some scary shit. Training in the military. Youd be surprised that a lot of mil members never qualed on a rifle. As far as playing. Go check out an3 gun match, ipsc, idpa and see how many leo’’s compete. Hint damn near none cause they dont want to be spanked by joe civilian. And one more time. Not in uniform and in your jurisdiction at work no special privileges. As for the sand box. Why should off duty leo’s get 50 state carry but not active or retired mil who actually fired their guns. Sorry leos need to feel the crunch us wee people do when carrying and maybe theyll come around. End rant.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The Ignore List exists for a reason. Use it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Ignore List exists for a reason. Use it.
View Quote

True.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top