Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2021 10:01:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
How am I going to carry my food home from Soopers?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not single use though.  I used them as trash can liners in each bathroom, to keep interrelated parts together so they don't get separated, to pick up and dispose of dog waste,  to put wet socks, etc in after fishing, and plenty of other purposes.     If they want to ban them I have quite a collection - several leaf bags full - and can think of a number of creatively nefarious uses that the government would assuredly not enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How am I going to carry my food home from Soopers?
View Quote

Pay for the stupid paper bags with shitty handles that tear.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Pardon my language, but what fucking business is this of any govt?  What entitles them to a 10 cent/bag fee?  I already pay for these bags (built into the pricing of the groceries), and I dispose of them responsibly and pay for the cost of their disposal.  Crack-down on litter bugs - not that I see too many of the bags blowing around in my suburbia.  I know, I'm in East Kali now and these jokers don't care about rights and reason.

Working on it, Pettimore.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to order a bunch and bring my own.  I hope that people look at me in disgust.  Maybe I'll pass them out at the store entrances, too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pardon my language, but what fucking business is this of any govt?  What entitles them to a 10 cent/bag fee?  I already pay for these bags (built into the pricing of the groceries), and I dispose of them responsibly and pay for the cost of their disposal.  Crack-down on litter bugs - not that I see too many of the bags blowing around in my suburbia.  I know, I'm in East Kali now and these jokers don't care about rights and reason.

Working on it, Pettimore.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The fee will not apply to customers that have proof of being in a federal or state food assistance program.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Oregon passed this law a while back.  Most of the major stores got so tires of customers bitching at them that they dont charge for bags any more.    I also see plastic bags in grocery stores as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
So ph*cked up we're going the way of San Franciscograd.

Now I have to carry my own bags.  Ph*ck!
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So ph*cked up we're going the way of San Franciscograd.

Now I have to carry my own bags.  Ph*ck!
View Quote

I kinda want to buy a box of these now and intentionally only use once, just to piss off the libards
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I kinda want to buy a box of these now and intentionally only use once, just to piss off the libards
View Quote

See my post above.  When it comes time, let's post links of where to order bags.  I haven't started looking yet, but I know they're out there.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're not single use though.  I used them as trash can liners in each bathroom, to keep interrelated parts together so they don't get separated, to pick up and dispose of dog waste,  to put wet socks, etc in after fishing, and plenty of other purposes.     If they want to ban them I have quite a collection - several leaf bags full - and can think of a number of creatively nefarious uses that the government would assuredly not enjoy.
View Quote

Yeah, I use them for lots of things. Assholes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

See my post above.  When it comes time, let's post links of where to order bags.  I haven't started looking yet, but I know they're out there.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's interesting. I posted a link to Amazon for a 1k pack box and a mod deleted it. What's up with that?

Nvm, I cross posted on the teams ammo thread.

Can replenish my wife's "bag horde" under the sink with these. Price is about $0.03 each, or $32.49/1000:

Preban Grocery Bags
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice and thanks.  I think they should replace the word "Thank" on the bag with something else that ends in the same letter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice and thanks.  I think they should replace the word "Thank" on the bag with something else that ends in the same letter.
View Quote

Group order? Probably 1 million minimum lol.

I wonder how much the stores pay for theirs
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Just take a cart full of groceries up to the checkout and when they try to charge you for the bags refuse the groceries.  Do it enough and maybe the stores will fight back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The CEO of Kroger (King Soopers/City Market here) boasted before Covid hit that he was getting rid of plastic bags.  Then Covid happened and the stores' use of plastic bags went through the roof, especially with the advent of pickup/delivery.  They even came out with king size plastic bags, much larger and heavier than the regular bags; they're pretty darn stout and useful.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well that's interesting. I posted a link to Amazon for a 1k pack box and a mod deleted it. What's up with that?

Nvm, I cross posted on the teams ammo thread.

Can replenish my wife's "bag horde" under the sink with these. Price is about $0.03 each, or $32.49/1000:

Preban Grocery Bags
View Quote

Restaurant depot is open to the public still. You can get a case of 1000 bags for like $20
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just take a cart full of groceries up to the checkout and when they try to charge you for the bags refuse the groceries.  Do it enough and maybe the stores will fight back.
View Quote

Take it out on the politicians, not the stores.  No offense, but your idea is trashy/rude and puts more burden on the store (which trickles down to the customers - many of whom don't support the ban).
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The CEO of Kroger (King Soopers/City Market here) boasted before Covid hit that he was getting rid of plastic bags.  Then Covid happened and the stores' use of plastic bags went through the roof, especially with the advent of pickup/delivery.  They even came out with king size plastic bags, much larger and heavier than the regular bags; they're pretty darn stout and useful.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out now.
View Quote

I like the new bags. I tell my wife that we have better luggage now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Take it out on the politicians, not the stores.  
View Quote

Who do you think has a louder lobbying voice on politicians:   common citizens or the corporations
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Who do you think has a louder lobbying voice on politicians:   common citizens or the corporations
View Quote

How is that relevant to someone behaving poorly?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top