Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 45
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
And FIL.  

Think we're gonna have 6 guests tonight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And FIL.  

Think we're gonna have 6 guests tonight.
View Quote

My sister has her wife's entire family plus one and 7 dogs at their small house.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My sister has her wife's entire family plus one and 7 dogs at their small house.
View Quote
Togetherness shall keep them warm.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same grid as the hospital and the nursing home. I know that's why I haven't lost power. You should see the nut jobs on FB with their conspiracy theories about how only uppity rich folks here get to have power. I'm definitely not rich.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buckshot....By any chance, you live close by the hospital or in the same grid as hospital?  
 It's the only explanation I can guess.

Same grid as the hospital and the nursing home. I know that's why I haven't lost power. You should see the nut jobs on FB with their conspiracy theories about how only uppity rich folks here get to have power. I'm definitely not rich.

We've not lost power and were no where near a hospital. Talked to one of my buddies who about 10 miles away and he has not either. Called charlidontsurf who's only a couple miles from he and said he's had power the entire time as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Half of our town has been without power for 18 hours. The other half, not one minute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've not lost power and were no where near a hospital. Talked to one of my buddies who about 10 miles away and he has not either. Called charlidontsurf who's only a couple miles from he and said he's had power the entire time as well.

Half of our town has been without power for 18 hours. The other half, not one minute.

Interesting. Mom and dad are supposed to have power according to the power company but yet they don't.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buckshot....By any chance, you live close by the hospital or in the same grid as hospital?  

Uppity asses

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uppity asses

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uppity asses

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Was prepared to bed down 8 guests tonight.  Sadly, the 3 Asian college girls left after they finished their homework.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am sorry for your loss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Was prepared to bed down 8 guests tonight.  Sadly, the 3 Asian college girls left after they finished their homework.  

I am sorry for your loss

FW_wife says I make everything sound dirty.  

The big win is that the middle girl's future in-laws are staying w/ us - her future BILs & MIL.  And one of my MILs.  So this is a good chance for the two families to get to know each other in close quarters, for the middle girl to make some final calculations, and for the teenaged boy to get some insight into how families blend together.  He's also run w/ me out to pick up my MIL and check on my FIL, as well as done checks on the outside faucets & the indoor skinny dipping pool.  So he's learning a little bit about how men manage a crisis.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Lost power at 5AM this morning.

I had just woken up for my get up & get busy pee.    And was thanking the Lord that our Power had stayed on all through this when so may others had gone out when in "midstream" the lights went out...

Had gas logs burning & battery lanterns already distributed around the Hammer Haus, but now I'm "Chilling" like everyone else...

We have been hosting the family of a shooting buddy from the suburb right across from us whose power was out all day yesterday.  

This will be interesting, but time to fire up the Coleman & make some camper style breakfast soon!

BIGGER _ HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#14]
My power went out at around 5pm yesterday.  House isn’t that well insulated due to ‘84 construction.

Fireplace is hot but front of the house is about the mid 40’s. Two kids elected to camp in their rooms,  youngest decided to sleep on the floor not too far from the fireplace.  Upstairs is warmer of course and my wife is bundled up there.  It’s a bit chilly!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My power went out at around 5pm yesterday.  House isn’t that well insulated due to ‘84 construction.

Fireplace is hot but front of the house is about the mid 40’s. Two kids elected to camp in their rooms,  youngest decided to sleep on the floor not too far from the fireplace.  Upstairs is warmer of course and my wife is bundled up there.  It’s a bit chilly!
View Quote

If yall need some place warm you know where we are!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
How are the roads down there?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got out yesterday and they for the most part not bad. Hit a couple of slick spots but nothing I was not comfortable with. That said didn't get much over about 40. Figure it's prolly going to  get a little worse later this week.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I got out yesterday and they for the most part not bad. Hit a couple of slick spots but nothing I was not comfortable with. That said didn't get much over about 40. Figure it's prolly going to  get a little worse later this week.
View Quote
I was worried there would be sheets of ice up down all the hills.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's a little worse north of me. Parents saying they've had a quarter inch plus of ice on their street.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think it's a little worse north of me. Parents saying they've had a quarter inch plus of ice on their street.
View Quote
Oof
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Was driving around yesterday checking on in-laws.  Kept to mostly 20 mph, sometimes I got up to 30 if the pavement was clear & dry.  Lots of tailgaters, would slow to 10 mph til they went around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I had bought my kids military ECW sleeping bags.

Kids complained they weren't "Good Sleeping Bags" because they were way too hot to use in typical Texas campouts.

Now... they are VERY glad have those layered bags to sleep warm, even when it is record cold.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Graffiti in town.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Pretty hard core!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#27]
That one 2nd from the right needs a little fixing. It should be a Kill Dozer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Who let all these crickets in here?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]
It was to cold to post.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was to cold to post.
View Quote

Y'all not have power?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#31]
My power came back today.  I will say, this is the worst time off work I've ever had.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My power came back today.  I will say, this is the worst time off work I've ever had.
View Quote

That sucks. Glad you got it back. I don't doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Gotten off pretty easy here.  Only lost power for about 3 hours this morning and have had water off since noon today.  Have plenty of stored water and a NG fireplace for when the electricity goes out.  I did have to reschedule my bachelor party that was supposed to be this weekend, though.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Good news - the noise coming from the skinny dipping prep was the pump cover.  Take it off & the vibrating noise goes away.  Hot tub almost up to skinny dipping temperature, has brought garage up from 41 to 51 degrees.

Neighbors w/o power got power back last night.  FIL & MIL have power, BIL still w/o but he comes by for showers & took some wood home to throw on the fireplace.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#35]
So far so good. We didn't lose power. I think because cutting off power in the hinterlands wouldn't change much.
Apparently the hunters who installed the water system buried it deep enough to keep it safe. Unusual work all the rock they had to go through.
We lost internet (wireless) because a tower lost power. That meant no TV, voip or web surfing. The ice was so heavy on the trees we couldn't get cell service either.
4wd made it possible to get to the gate and most of the time into town.
The only generator I have is a bobcat welder. Fortunately we didn't have to use it. Same for the kerosene heaters. I really need to do maintenance on them.
I kept wanting to loan out the generator but if I had we would have lost power.
Seeing as everything in the house is electric, we are getting propane before next fall.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I can see light at the end of the tunnel fellas..........
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#37]

.......... oh shit.....nope it's a train.....ruuuuuuunnnnnnn
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#38]
State Farm called!  MIL's repairs are now entrain!  This is very good news.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
State Farm called!  MIL's repairs are now entrain!  This is very good news.
View Quote

Good to hear!
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/clyde-residents-bring-propane-tanks-torches-thaw-frozen-water-main-within-hours/All you have to do is ask and Texans will show up and set your shit on fire.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/clyde-residents-bring-propane-tanks-torches-thaw-frozen-water-main-within-hours/

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/clyde-residents-bring-propane-tanks-torches-thaw-frozen-water-main-within-hours/All you have to do is ask and Texans will show up and set your shit on fire.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/clyde-residents-bring-propane-tanks-torches-thaw-frozen-water-main-within-hours/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/clyde_tex-1832173.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's awesome.
View Quote

If You Love Someone Set Them on Fire
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Well my supplies made it through

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#44]
There was one casualty during SNOWMAGEDON2021, the bottle of vodka I've been meaning to bring to @buckshot_jim the past few cheesecakes got raided by wife when she ran out if wine.

She got into my watermelon redbulls to mix with it too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There was one casualty during SNOWMAGEDON2021, the bottle of vodka I've been meaning to bring to @buckshot_jim the past few cheesecakes got raided by wife when she ran out if wine.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was desperate times
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Guy puts a bag with barbecue charcoal on his head... [Why???]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#49]
My MIL is now living w/ us.  

Streaming water from all the faucets at her house kept the pipes from freezing - but not the drain...
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top