Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2020 2:02:39 PM EDT
Anyone have any good coin buyers/dealers in SWFL or somewhere to ship them to? I’m in PSL and have a bunch of silver coins, a couple of gold coins, and old just coins I inherited from my mother that I need to get rid of.

Morgans, Kennedy’s, Eisenhower’s, a peace dollar, Standing Liberty quarters, Walking Liberty half’s, 25 years of proof sets, silver quarters, silver dimes, state quarters (proof sets), etc. A big bunch of it just scrap. There’s only one or two that have been graded.

I know I’m not going to get top dollar but I’d like to find someone honest, that isn’t going to rip me off if I have some bigger money coins that I don’t know about.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have any good coin buyers/dealers in SWFL or somewhere to ship them to? I’m in PSL and have a bunch of silver coins, a couple of gold coins, and old just coins I inherited from my mother that I need to get rid of.

Morgans, Kennedy’s, Eisenhower’s, a peace dollar, Standing Liberty quarters, Walking Liberty half’s, 25 years of proof sets, silver quarters, silver dimes, state quarters (proof sets), etc. A big bunch of it just scrap. There’s only one or two that have been graded.

I know I’m not going to get top dollar but I’d like to find someone honest, that isn’t going to rip me off if I have some bigger money coins that I don’t know about.
View Quote
what your scrap silver should bring (today);

dollars - $12-$13
halves - $5-$6
quarters - $2-$2.50
dimes - $.80-$1

gold "US MINT" coins should bring 90%-100% of today's spot price ($1,560).

if it were me i would watch the "spot price" daily, there are going to be some spikes between now and the election. gold rose and fell something like $60 an ounce (i think the high was $1,608-ish) the other day after the "iran ordeal", my buddy cashed out, i think it will get bigly before november.

if you just have to dump shit now dump the silver (while it might be the best long term gamble as it is only a quarter of what it was around 2010, it doesn't take much for gold to outshine it. it takes 90-ish ounces of silver to get the same return as 1 ounce of gold today).

be patient i think this is the year to sell though, just not today.

gold is up $100 an ounce since november 2019.

all of that aside any normal coin shop, jewerly shop, ect should offer you close to the numbers i listed. most honest coin shops make a dollar (or two) buying your coin, and then make a dollar or (two) selling the coin. most are gonna give you the same estimate (on circulated "scrap" coins), but still shop around. $1 a coin difference can be a huge deal.

you could also use ebay, or even the EE here, with these two you cut out the middle man and can charge a buck or two above spot price. most people buying online are looking for quantity, just insure and require adult signature. i would be willing to bet a "silver eagle" at $19 would be sold in a matter of hours online (they are currently about $22 if bought in quantities of 20 or more).
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
forgot to mention the graded stuff i would absolutely check ebay first. some of that shit can get retarded.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What city are you in ?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What city are you in ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What city are you in ?
Quoted:
I’m in PSL
Port Saint Lucie
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you are looking to unload it quickly....

Calculate how much it would cost to buy the same stuff.
Go to a dealer to see how much they will give you.

Subtract the difference, divide by 2 then list it on the EE.
It will probably all sell within a day or so at that price.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine came over, sat down and laid everything out for me this morning. Took a couple of hours, but he walked away with all of the coins I wanted to get rid of and a few grand lighter in his pocket.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish I had seen this, the FUN coin show was in Orlando last weekend.   It is the largest coin show in the country, many dealers would have bought from you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wish I had seen this, the FUN coin show was in Orlando last weekend.   It is the largest coin show in the country, many dealers would have bought from you.
View Quote
My mother passed away Dec.15 and I’m currently in Arkansas cleaning out the house. The coin collection was a leftover from my grandparents business. I’ve been trying to offload everything I can before I head back to Florida.

I have to tackle the pottery, glassware and paintings next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top