Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2022 7:07:15 PM EST
https://www.wave3.com/2022/11/07/kids-wanted-robbing-metro-code-inspector/

"The kids knocked the inspector down and stole her personal handgun.

Code inspectors typically work alone documenting complaints about property violations. At least for this week, the inspectors will be working in pairs."

But, back to solo work next week.

State law prohibits gov agencies from restricting employees from open carry. Frankly I am surprised this isnt more of a thing. Targeting low level gov workers, not open carriers. Please dont make this a CC vs OC discussion
cmmg
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 7:44:22 AM EST
[#1]
A lot of the paramedics in Lex started to open carry after the one was shot a few years back. Now I don't see it very often. Most of the ones I have seen in the past seemed like they would be pretty easy to disarm.
I am a big fan of concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 2:55:40 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSG:
A lot of the paramedics in Lex started to open carry after the one was shot a few years back. Now I don't see it very often. Most of the ones I have seen in the past seemed like they would be pretty easy to disarm.
I am a big fan of concealed means concealed.
View Quote

Oh, yes. I'm a big fan of concealed carry, too but what happens when these city/county employees go back to the office with their concealed weapons and their employer is one of the municipalities that has an ordinance prohibiting concealed weapons in all their buildings? Oh, yes, I know, you just sneak it in and hope that you aren't caught. I've found that hope is a poor strategy and an even poorer defense in a courtroom.

Open carry would solve all of this and if that offends anyone what about concealed when in the field then a switch to open carry when they return to the office? Of course, the real solution to all of this would be a repeal of KRS 237.115 and an end to the authority of local governments to place their employees in this jeopardy. In the case that you mention about paramedics or others that are in and out all day long, open carry is the best option and it is a problem when your attention can be distracted. In those cases, I suggest that there has to be some group watching of possible gun grabbers. In any case, municipal employees have the right to defend themselves, just like the rest of us and accepting public employment doesn't change that.

This is not a new problem. KC3 has been mediating disputes between employees and municipal employees for years. The City of Frankfort decided the best solution was to put lock boxes on their trucks for the employees to use when the come back to the house.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:36:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: one-eyed_fat_man] [#3]
“I’m glad she survived that, number two I’m trying to figure out why those kids were not in school,” said Louisville Metro Council President David James. (D-District 6)

Because subsidizing baby mamas to neglect fatherless children for fifty years has taught us nothing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:36:07 AM EST
[#4]
I'm not against open carry. I just wish people would understand it is not a magic talisman.
IMHO, you have to actually pay attention and remain even more alert when open carrying in public.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 4:32:19 PM EST
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSG:
I'm not against open carry. I just wish people would understand it is not a magic talisman.
IMHO, you have to actually pay attention and remain even more alert when open carrying in public.
View Quote

You just described my job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top