Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2022 12:44:15 AM EDT
I am closing on a home in sedalia on the 4th. Fully renovated home from 1900. 10 minute walk to the library and right by liberty park. Glad to get out of az. So many kind people who are Christian and down to earth. Just made a drive with my 12 year old daughter from az to mo. Tons of fun. We stayed at hotel bothwell in downtown and explored the area.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats to you & your Family ,,  thats a good size town
with alot to offer ,, when you are all set in and want to shoot
send me a IM . I'm about 55 clicks straight north on 65 .
TS2
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the state.  Sierra Bullets is in Sedalia, may be worth taking a tour at some point.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Hello neighbor! We're only a few blocks apart. Contact me when you get settled-in and I'll show you around.

What are your interests? Shooting, hunting, fishing?  Right now we're on the 2nd week of turkey season, the crappie are on the banks spawning, lots of mushrooms are being found, there's a flea market on the fairgrounds this weekend as well as the blacksmiths association is holding their annual meet out there also. Baseball games at Liberty Park stadium almost every day. One of the local organizations is having a tractor cruise if it doesn't get rained out. Warsaw is having a " Wine Stroll" with several wineries and breweries setting up on the streets downtown and it's also the last day of paddlefish snagging... Warsaw is pretty much ground zero for that.
A few weeks ago Sierra Bullets had their first " garage sale" . Bullets, ammo, I don't know what all. A friend and I went but people started lining up an hour before it started. There were probably 150-200 people in line when they opened the doors and they were only letting 5-6 in at a time so we didn't stay.

Be advised that there is a tornado warning siren located at 3rd and Barrett ( by Convention Hall ) and it is Very loud. We sound the sirens on the first Wednesday of the month, weather permitting, to test them. Be sure and lock you're vehicles especially at night... unlocked autos getting rifled is fairly common and will be increasing with warm weather.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.

I used to eat at that hotel during the holidays when I had more family in Sedalia. I was in town a couple weeks ago and scored some 8mm Mauser projectiles at the gun shop in town.

Gotta eat at Kehde's BBQ.

We should do a HTF meet during the tractor/truck pulls at the state fair........
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you and your family made it to our State safely and found what you were looking for.

You'll find hunting, fishing, camping, parks and good schools all for the better, than what Az had to offer, except for the wintertime. Your bodies aren't prepared for winter's around here yet. You like humidity and sweating, you'll also get a good dose of that this summer and fall. Az had dry heat summers with high temps, but when humidity is thrown in, you'll know what sweating is all about if your A/C goes out and you don't have some fans to circulate the air around and everybody's sold out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome.

I used to eat at that hotel during the holidays when I had more family in Sedalia. I was in town a couple weeks ago and scored some 8mm Mauser projectiles at the gun shop in town.

We should do a HTF meet during the tractor/truck pulls at the state fair........
View Quote

Next time that you're in town there's a new gunshop downtown at 7th and Ohio... three blocks south of Bothwell Hotel. The chef there is a member of our informal neighborhood group.

The tractor pull at the Johnson County Fairgrounds is a lot more enjoyable IMO... you can bring your own chairs and refreshments and parking is much closer. The Windsor pull and the Lincoln pull are good too.

A couple of weeks after the fair ends they have a figure-8 race at the arena south of the Swine Pavilion that's entertaining.

Do you ever eat at LeMaire's? They've been voted best catfish in the state a time or too. I was at their old location once when Doug Kershaw , the Cajun fiddler, stopped in and played and sang Cajun songs in french with Frenchy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Outstanding. Good for you brother.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice place to live, welcome to MO
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I got some factory 2nds last summer at Sierra and the new ownership doesn’t allow tours.  Don’t know if it’s changed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hello neighbor! We're only a few blocks apart. Contact me when you get settled-in and I'll show you around.

What are your interests? Shooting, hunting, fishing?  Right now we're on the 2nd week of turkey season, the crappie are on the banks spawning, lots of mushrooms are being found, there's a flea market on the fairgrounds this weekend as well as the blacksmiths association is holding their annual meet out there also. Baseball games at Liberty Park stadium almost every day. One of the local organizations is having a tractor cruise if it doesn't get rained out. Warsaw is having a " Wine Stroll" with several wineries and breweries setting up on the streets downtown and it's also the last day of paddlefish snagging... Warsaw is pretty much ground zero for that.
A few weeks ago Sierra Bullets had their first " garage sale" . Bullets, ammo, I don't know what all. A friend and I went but people started lining up an hour before it started. There were probably 150-200 people in line when they opened the doors and they were only letting 5-6 in at a time so we didn't stay.

Be advised that there is a tornado warning siren located at 3rd and Barrett ( by Convention Hall ) and it is Very loud. We sound the sirens on the first Wednesday of the month, weather permitting, to test them. Be sure and lock you're vehicles especially at night... unlocked autos getting rifled is fairly common and will be increasing with warm weather.
View Quote

Thank you. IM sent
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Welcome.

View Quote

That would be fun. Im in
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Next time that you're in town there's a new gunshop downtown at 7th and Ohio... three blocks south of Bothwell Hotel. The chef there is a member of our informal neighborhood group.

The tractor pull at the Johnson County Fairgrounds is a lot more enjoyable IMO... you can bring your own chairs and refreshments and parking is much closer. The Windsor pull and the Lincoln pull are good too.

A couple of weeks after the fair ends they have a figure-8 race at the arena south of the Swine Pavilion that's entertaining.

Do you ever eat at LeMaire's? They've been voted best catfish in the state a time or too. I was at their old location once when Doug Kershaw , the Cajun fiddler, stopped in and played and sang Cajun songs in french with Frenchy.
View Quote

Me and my boy love catfish. I passed by that place the other day. Ill check it out
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome, been living in Sedalia since 2008.  Has its ups and downs and has definitely grown a lot in the last 13 years.  Good news is it isn't too far from a decent conservation range in Marshall or the lakes (but we get to deal with the traffic from hoth during the summer).  State fair is ok, traffic and some of the out if towners kinda suck...I call them fairies .  

Not many gun stores in town and the ones that are here get kinda stale after a while.  But it all depends on what you want.  New gun store mentioned above is small and mostly clothing and tacticool shit, not much for guns or ammo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#16]
About the Marshall Junction range ... there was a quadruple homicide that took place there a while back. I haven't been to the Perry Area range since they moved it... how is it? Golden Valley is OK.  Been in Sedalia since '56.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About the Marshall Junction range ... there was a quadruple homicide that took place there a while back. I haven't been to the Perry Area range since they moved it... how is it? Golden Valley is OK.  Been in Sedalia since '56.
View Quote

I'm aware of the double homicide from '86 and the guy was executed in the 90s.  When was the quadruple homicide?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm aware of the double homicide from '86 and the guy was executed in the 90s.  When was the quadruple homicide?
View Quote

It was 4 killed. The story that I heard was the shooter was fiddling around with an M-1 carbine and either walked up to 2 other people that were at the range or they walked up to him... the gun went off killing the first victim, the other went for his gun so the shooter killed him. The shooter claimed that the first one was an accident and the second self defense. Before he could leave another vehicle arrived with two in it and when they saw the bodies he killed them too. I believe it was the occupants of the second vehicle that were employees of the MDC. One of them was a firearms or hand to hand instructor or some such.
The killer was a trucker that lived around here somewhere. It took them several days to solve the case but in the end the killer admitted what he had done. That was pretty big news around these parts for a while kind of like Alis Ben Johns in Benton county.

Are you aware of the murderer that a Deputy found hiding in the old house on the Turkey Kerns wildlife area. He had been the subject of a several days long manhunt in Pettis, Henry and Johnson counties. Killed his ex-wife and her son after she escaped from a plywood box that he had kept her in for a week or two.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The new gun shop have a decent selection?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The new gun shop have a decent selection?
View Quote

I couldn't say as I've not been in it yet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome to the state.  Sierra Bullets is in Sedalia, may be worth taking a tour at some point.
View Quote

Last time I was through they said they stopped doing tours, but their seconds store is still open and worth going to.

Starline might still do tours, I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Im going to be there next week moving in but cant bring my jeep because theres no trailers available here in az to rent. You guys have uber or lyft in town?

Going to get my jeep in a few weeks when i go back to az to pick up the rest of the family
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know about Uber or Lyft but there are a couple of taxi services.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top