Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2021 9:35:05 PM EDT
Looking at a possible early summer trip to Clearwater-my daughter wants to visit the marine rehab center thanks to the Dolphin Tale movies. Looking for some other wildlife type stuff  while there-any reliable places near Clearwater or Venice to see rattlesnakes or caracaras(the birds)?

Would love to get pictures of a big diamondback after finding a couple timbers up here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I own some boat slips right up the street from it , there is a local seabird sanctuary close but keep in mind the area is heavily built up not alot o wild life you have sharks teeth beach down towards Venice and the marine aquarium over in Tampa. im sure some other local will chime in
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
We had already talked about goinging to Venice so that's covered. Willing to do more driving time to get away from buildings.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Ft Desto Park in St Pete has a very nice beach, cool spot to check out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Consider heading further South on I-75 and visit the Everglades. There are lots of tours and things to do. You could charter a boat and explore the Ten Thousand Islands.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider heading further South on I-75 and visit the Everglades. There are lots of tours and things to do. You could charter a boat and explore the Ten Thousand Islands.
View Quote

A definite possibility-most of the critters I want to see can definitely be found there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to see dolphins in the wild check out the Dolphin Racer boat in St Pete.

Dolphin Racer
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to see dolphins in the wild check out the Dolphin Racer boat in St Pete.

Dolphin Racer
View Quote

Thanks! She'd love that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
swim with the manatees in Crystal river area if you get that far north
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top