BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/9/2021 10:30:42 AM EDT
Anyone ever camp there?
Thoughts and opinions are welcomed?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally a good time. Last time though we camped in the back primitive area. Had a white trash family camp in the field next to the field we were in. We were having a good time and just kept hearing the father in that family yelling drunkenly at his wife/kids whoever.

I went over and politely asked them to be quiet. Guys apologizes and says sure no problem. 10-20mins later it starts up again. I walk back over cuz my kid and wife can't sleep over the yelling (it's THAT loud). I see father guy putting his hands on a female. I say something like "hey a-hole, I asked you to be quiet."

He starts storming over at me saying "what are you gonna do about it Yada yada." As he gets close to me he sees me reach back for my holster (didn't end up drawing, just reaching) with my S&W bodyguard and steps back and starts yelling "he has a gun call the cops, he pointed it at my kids!"

I went back to my tent (I stayed within 30ft of my tent the whole time). Cops show up. Ask me if I'm carrying and I say yes sir. Dumb cop tries clearing my pistol while flagging my family, I ask him to be careful and he snaps at me, his partner says "no the guy is right, be carefully." I willfully submit to breathalyzer and pass perfectly. Drunk idiot fails miserably and his kids tell the truth of what happened.

Cops tell me they are taking my gun for the night and I can pick it up tomorrow. I politely protest but thqts ok cuz i have another in the truck. Cops leave and warn drunk idiot. As soon as cops pull out i hear him yelling at his family that he is going to come over and stab me in my tent. Cops get called again and take the idiot away. Good cop tells me I should have just shot him, he would have.

I go the next day to get my gun back. Smallest PD ever has one person working on Sunday and they can't give me my pistol. I live almost 3 hours away so the gun is still there. They call me every year to ask if I want to forfeit it, and I tell them no, I just don't know when I'll be up there during the week.

Sorry for the long story. Anyway, yeah its a fun place during the day at the pond swimming. Paintball park there is fun as well.

I can also recommend the yogi bear park for younger kids. Its not far I'm pretty sure
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
We are considering getting a seasonal spot there next summer. We’re going to check it out in a couple weeks after Country Fest clears out!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I read their agreement and they said something about no firearms.

Yeah, concealed means concealed. That’s some shit right there though,  I’d have been back down there the next day to pick up my piece. I do t care if I have 17 more just like it!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been there a few times.  Camped for a few nights, visited during the day just to swim with kids and attended a concert.  It's a fun place but can get a little on the trashy side.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top