Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/12/2020 10:12:23 PM EDT
I'd like to get a basics class on the art of shotgunnery for flying things for myself and the wife. She needs the help much more than I do, but I'm sure if I keep my mouth shut, eyes and ears open, I'll learn plenty. Not too concerned about the finer points of clays games specifically.

In clark county, willing to travel about an hour if need be.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
While nothing beats some hands on instruction, a great place to start is the Chris Batha videos on YouTube. He has a set for Trap, Skeet and a Sporting Clays set.  

I've watched all those, practiced my gun mount, and done a few other exercises and I've improved drastically over the begining.  

I would start there, and then pay someone to refine your game if interested.  If you're dead set on spending money, Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware has a beginner shotgun course.  It would be cheaper than private lessons
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ohioan:
While nothing beats some hands on instruction, a great place to start is the Chris Batha videos on YouTube. He has a set for Trap, Skeet and a Sporting Clays set.  

I've watched all those, practiced my gun mount, and done a few other exercises and I've improved drastically over the begining.  

I would start there, and then pay someone to refine your game if interested.  If you're dead set on spending money, Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware has a beginner shotgun course.  It would be cheaper than private lessons
View Quote

Thanks. I'll check out the videos and black wing's prices.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up Mike Freidenmaker at upwardspiralshooting.com He works out of the Middletown Sportsman club

My brother and step dad have both worked with him.  Pricing is right, he can supply everything, gun, shells etc

JLE
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am also in Clark Co. (South Vienna)
I am also interested in this.
Please let me know if you find something you like.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Simple thought process....

Shoot where it going.....   NOT where it been...

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Call up country attic in south Lebanon. They have a few people who they recommend.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top