Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2019 8:12:34 PM EDT
I'm not actively involved in this beyond being an active member of the club hosting the class and knowing the instructor, so don't ask me questions...

But... Dirigo Readiness Group is doing a "Civilian TECC" class on October 5 at Sanford / Springvale Fish and Game in Sanford, at their clubhouse. I believe this is like an advanced "stop the bleed" course. It runs 8-5 and the cost is $75. I THINK if you use the online registration, there's a $5 fee on top of that.

Also, one of the instructors is a kitchen table FFL in Wells...

LINK TO FACEBOOK EVENT
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The class was amazing. One instructor is a local paramedic with experience in gunshot wounds from previously working in a city with high gang activity. The other instructor is a Navy corpsman with combat deployments with Marines. Information was excellent, presentation was done well, and they went over lots of different products (along with how to use them). They went through assessing and treating a patient with various injuries. Class was advanced enough that most of the attendees learned a TON, regardless of their previous experience, but was also hands-on and KISS enough that my 11 year old son did well.

I think we're going to run another one in Sanford in January or February, and I think they have one going on in Hollis in November?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report on the class. I have been interested in doing one of these with my wife but just never got around to it. I'll have to keep it in mind if they do another class. How many folks showed up for this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top