Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2023 10:24:40 PM EDT
Like the title says.

Quite a few members have attended in the past.  

I do 60lbs and we usually have the same number of folks show up.  Sometimes more.  I know real Cajuns would finish that amount with about ten folks but many people show up just to have a good time.

Location is in south Austin.

May 20th 2pm-when I have had enough beer.

I suggest folks bring a chair, drink of choice, and a side dish (welcome but of course not expected).

I’ll flesh out the @ list when I get behind my PC later.

IM me for address
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Deer Lord baby Jesus

Have you been drinking?

You’re inviting…….. the ………internet?

To your house ??

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Deer Lord baby Jesus

Have you been drinking?

You’re inviting…….. the ………internet?

To your house ??

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#4]
This list is in no particular order some of you folks my have received my wife's fancy invite through text since I have your numbers.
Some of those same folks probably thought "what the hell is this" and deleted it!

From what I have been told there is a max of 5 per post so I will add more tomorrow.

@Buckshot

@R3L04D

@Jday

@The_Dog

@M35ben
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#5]
we are busy that weekend but I'll try to make arrangements to go
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You vill Eat Ze Bugs!!!!

(Delicious Seasoned Cajun Mudbugs that is! )

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang it!  I literally signed up yesterday afternoon for a work thing either on the 19th or 20th.  If the work thing happens on the 19th, I'll be game.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Just saw the mention.  Thanks for the invite.  I'm not going to say we ain't coming, but the odds are poor for a day trip.  

I did check to see if McKinney Falls had an opening in case we decided to overnite and head back Sunday, but they're booked up (as are most state parks these days).
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s a haul for some folks with no where to stay for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s a haul for some folks with no where to stay for sure.
View Quote

I foresee a “Pleasure Palace” in your culdesack
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had this conversation with my wife tonight...."Ummm.....Chas8008...might stay the night....in the street....in some kind of bedouin type wheeled tent"
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#12]
@SouthsideSlim

@NwG

@Charliedontsurf

@Lug1

@meggers_f4i
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@SouthsideSlim

@NwG

@Charliedontsurf

@Lug1

@meggers_f4i
View Quote
Thank you so much for the @, son is graduating college and moving back home.  I will be full up with stuff during that time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you so much for the @, son is graduating college and moving back home.  I will be full up with stuff during that time.
View Quote

Good luck - you have a full plate with a Graduation and a move.  Hope your leg situation continues to improve.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good luck - you have a full plate with a Graduation and a move.  Hope your leg situation continues to improve.
Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Speaking of leg situations...  how's the burn coming along?  Hopefully no one else has dropped a bike on you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Had this conversation with my wife tonight...."Ummm.....Chas8008...might stay the night....in the street....in some kind of bedouin type wheeled tent"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to borrow an Aztec death wistle???
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Speaking of leg situations...  how's the burn coming along?  Hopefully no one else has dropped a bike on you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigger_Hammer

It's healed mostly, but now I have "The Harley Brand" - Bikers know it - "I see you are also a guy who has ridden large V-twin motorcycles in shorts - Howdy Harley Brother  !!)  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's healed mostly, but now I have "The Harley Brand" - Bikers know it - "I see you are also a guy who has ridden large V-twin motorcycles in shorts - Howdy Harley Brother  !!)  

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Seen it!  Luckily I don’t have it yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the invite! I wish I could make it, but unfortunately, I have to work that day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:54:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for the invite! I wish I could make it, but unfortunately, I have to work that day.
View Quote

Glad you saw the invite sir.  Couldn’t remember how to spell your handle to send the @.  Sorry you have to work that day.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't visit hometown often, but what a coincidence.  I would probably try to visit your boil - but doing one on the other side of Texas at the same time (well, depending on crayfish availability).  Going to be at Go Topless in Bolivar - not really partaking, but just making sure the families rent house stay's intact.  Thanks for the invite though.  Wish I could come.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got a low boy - sits on ground about a foot high so you can put big heavy pots 'on' or 'off' without having to lift high with the body that is a gas fed "hot plate" (keeps flames off the pot) for cook'n dem big ol pots if you need any spare capacity for dat Cajun cook'n.

L.M.K. Bro!

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did someone say crawfish?

https://i.imgflip.com/7lis6r.jpg
View Quote

Chida tends to have all the crawfish.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:06:01 AM EDT
[#25]
That I do.

SoonAttachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Will the crawfish be all natural, cage-free, gluten free, artisanal sourced mud bugs?

Will there be any vegan options?

Can't wait till Saturday, not sure what time we will be there. The boy has several flag football games since this past weekend got rained out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry Electro, but these mud bugs are genetically modified, mass produced, and hormone injected.  Fed of course on the latest engineered and chem inoculated rice and lab grown pork.  
Harvested with a 1955 9N ford diesel motor running the boat (set to run rich of course) and transported by private jet from the Central Market (more on that) to my house.

I use Central Market since they have been of good size and very few dead.  Also fun to pull into the parking lot in my F-250 next to the EV’s, retrieve the crawdads and pay for them while my daughter proclaims that last years batch screamed less than she expected when they were thrown in the pot.  Millennial hipsters enjoy the education.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sorry Electro, but these mud bugs are genetically modified, mass produced, and hormone injected.  Fed of course on the latest engineered and chem inoculated rice and lab grown pork.  
Harvested with a 1955 9N ford diesel motor running the boat (set to run rich of course) and transported by private jet from the Central Market (more on that) to my house.

I use Central Market since they have been of good size and very few dead.  Also fun to pull into the parking lot in my F-250 next to the EV’s, retrieve the crawdads and pay for them while my daughter proclaims that last years batch screamed less than she expected when they were thrown in the pot.  Millennial hipsters enjoy the education.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Are you sending an evite for this? Got a random text and wondering what it's for
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are you sending an evite for this? Got a random text and wondering what it's for
View Quote

It is NOT a tarp
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It is NOT a tarp
View Quote

Sounds like something a Deep State F.I.B. plant would say to "entrap" a bunch of Texas Gun Fanatics ...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sent one to folks who I happen to have their numbers.

Which includes you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#33]
@Chida66

Have a few folding tables, a couple of 12x12 sun canopies + that "Low Boy" gas burner - if you'd like me to bring any or all of them L.M.K.!  

Looking forward to some spicy Mud Bugs!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@Chida66

Have a few folding tables, a couple of 12x12 sun canopies + that "Low Boy" gas burner - if you'd like me to bring any or all of them L.M.K.!  

Looking forward to some spicy Mud Bugs!

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Offers are appreciated sir.  We likely could use another table and if it’s not too much trouble toss the burner into your truck.  I’ll still cook with mine, but having a back up is a good idea.  It would suck to have a failure and not give these crawdads a hot bath.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Wolfie & I will be in early to help set up.

Really appreciate you hosting & feeding a bunch of us "wild & crazy" ARFcommers!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#36]
WHAT a GREAT time & GREAT Food!

Sorry I couldn't stay to the final crawdad, but Wolfie had to get back to the farm to check on their dogs & new livestock.  

Part of that never ending grind in the life of a "Cattle Baron" I guess.

L.M.K. when would be convenient for your schedule to swing by and pick up the tables & I'll run Wolfie's out to him in the country.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your efforts to host a GREAT Get Together!  

Your whole family pitched in and everyone who attended had good food & a good time!

So Appreciate All that You & Your Family did to host us all!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
WHAT a GREAT time & GREAT Food!

Sorry I couldn't stay to the final crawdad, but Wolfie had to get back to the farm to check on their dogs & new livestock.  

Part of that never ending grind in the life of a "Cattle Baron" I guess.

L.M.K. when would be convenient for your schedule to swing by and pick up the tables & I'll run Wolfie's out to him in the country.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your efforts to host a GREAT Get Together!  

Your whole family pitched in and everyone who attended had good food & a good time!

So Appreciate All that You & Your Family did to host us all!

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I appreciate everyone who took the time to come by to visit and eat some mudbugs.  Had a blast!
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I appreciate everyone who took the time to come by to visit and eat some mudbugs.  Had a blast!
View Quote

Thank you for having us. It was great food, great friends and a great time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Wish I could have made it.  My boil went ok, but my eating was probably not fit for company to see.

I did something damn stupid.  I reached "over" a table saw on Thursday, but my thumb did not clear the blade.  ER knitted my thumb back together - did not loose any length, just most of the finger print (hard to tell about nerve damage, really hard since I accidentally stabbed that thumb a month ago and messed with the nerve already-maybe a mixed blessing, don't feel the table saw injury all that much).

So sitting at the Crawfish on Saturday, trying to eat bugs single handed.  First step, ripping the head off - had to stick the head in my mouth and bite down since I could not use my left hand.  Funny part, I think it was faster.  Pretty sure I still ate 10lbs myself.  Boil was perfect, at least getting the tails out was easy.  Spice was a bit low, but such is life when you are getting kids to eat them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top