Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2018 2:01:29 PM EDT
I`m giving the link to the story at WGN.  A city council committee met today to consider not renewing the licenses for these carriages.  I`ll bet that PETA and the Humane Society are involved in this. What I found interesting  is there is a link at the bottom of the story taking you to a page for gun control.

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/12/city-council-to-consider-ban-on-horse-drawn-carriages-in-chicago/

Link Posted: 9/12/2018 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I mean, it is pretty inhumane to have those horses sitting out there all day to ferry tourists around busy Mag Mile. I can imagine a horse getting easily spooked by traffic or mobs of tourists walking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I think these horses are used to the traffic. If those horses weren`t there they would be somewhere else doing something similar.   I personally don`t think this is cruelty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top