Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 4:14:02 PM EDT
Well I'm in Barre now.  Any of you like minded folks around?  seems im around section 8 and two mask wearers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to be in Chittenden town ( Rutland county),  ended up in Barre taking care of two little ones,  against mommy's wishes they will be indoctrinated into the outdoor gunsy stuff. Ie self reliance etc. Around here Ive seen  people with flags hanging off their over sized trucks and open carriers with a sd9ve TWICE. neither are my crowd, Kinda at a loss really.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
West Brookfield present and accounted for.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darkhorse1972:
West Brookfield present and accounted for.
View Quote

I cruise thru there on my commute to work.

Northfield checking in!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Bennington County

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By D6T:
I’m on the Addison/Chittenden county line. Willing to travel for discussions, training, etc.
View Quote

I’m also in Addison county, Cornwall to be exact.  Just outside of Middlebury.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#7]
Originally Posted By Real_Payne:

I’m also in Addison county, Cornwall to be exact.  Just outside of Middlebury.
View Quote

I know  middlebury well and Cornwall to an extent,  used to fish  out that way quite a bit. Also worked as a territory manager for Hannaford. Was it that town where the burnt out car was found? Dead black chick that was found in Goshen later on. Used to fish that exact  pull over. Also replaced an alternator on the side of the road on my jeep  following Otter Creek way back in early 2000's
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#8]
Yeah here ya go, Attachment Attached File

On the left side on the other side of that bridge  that burnt. I actually went that whole road one time with a Cherokee when the water was 3ft, amazing i diddnt stall.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:01:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#9]
my  old baby  before real ones.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ZoToL:
Yeah here ya go, https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140533/IMG_1013_JPG-1862347.JPG

On the left side on the other side of that bridge  that burnt. I actually went that whole road one time with a Cherokee when the water was 3ft, amazing i diddnt stall.
View Quote

Yeah that was the covered bridge on Swamp road.  Connected Salisbury to Cornwall.  I live about 15 minutes from there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Born and raised in Chittenden town, then moved to Mendon.  I've lived all over the state, currently on the east side.  PM me if anyone wants to get together for a shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]
ha funny thats where i grew up in pittsford and chittenden

Originally Posted By UnluckyDiablo:
Born and raised in Chittenden town, then moved to Mendon.  I've lived all over the state, currently on the east side.  PM me if anyone wants to get together for a shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Caledonia county checking in. Happy New Year and stay safe Vt !
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#14]
I hope this year is better than last year, Lots of stress last year I hope to get back out fishing again this year in my old stomping grounds( mostly otter creek/ dead creek) but also  some lake trout waters when i feel inclined to use the canoe.

And i have to sight this in  since I decided over winter with my astigmatism  the aimpoint t2 isint for me.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Moved from Rupet to Pawlet but im still here lol
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:34:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D6T] [#16]
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Howdy from chilly Worcester Brrrrrrrrrmont
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Wonder if I know you...did I meet you at a property in Sudbury this past summer, cleaning out some outbuildings with my family?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Moved from Rupet to Pawlet but im still here lol

Wonder if I know you...did I meet you at a property in Sudbury this past summer, cleaning out some outbuildings with my family?

No sir. Other than the car show in Fairhaven and a friend's get together in Danby I didn't do much outside of our place and general area.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I don't know how I missed this thread for so long. Lol
Born and raised in Rutland, where I still live.
Both of my parents have family from Chittenden going back a few Generations.
It's a small world we live in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:29:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#20]
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:

View Quote

Ha sure is, I used to get down that way weekly( worked as a territory manager for grocery stores till it was bought by a foreign company) but life and having kids has had a way of limiting most of my time so I rarely get out that way anymore and we been going to NH and Maine for trips. Used to fish quite a bit of otter creek and Champlain. As well as all the smaller trout brooks/ponds. I hope this year is better than the last few years( have to address a few things) and I'll get back to more outdoorsy crap. And i have updated some of my gear.

Used to camp on the other side of the reservoir, I think it still has some cool sites left but way more people know about them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Ha sure is, I used to get down that way weekly( worked as a territory manager for grocery stores till it was bought by a foreign company) but life and having kids has had a way of limiting most of my time so I rarely get out that way anymore and we been going to NH and Maine for trips. Used to fish quite a bit of otter creek and Champlain. As well as all the smaller trout brooks/ponds. I hope this year is better than the last few years( have to address a few things) and I'll get back to more outdoorsy crap. And i have updated some of my gear.

Used to camp on the other side of the reservoir, I think it still has some cool sites left but way more people know about them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:

Still some good camping out there.
Gotta hike up towards South Pond to get away from the people. Lots of good brook trout up there too.
We've caught a lot in the 15"-16" range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Friend of mine still has a hunting camp up on wildcat road on the way to the Chittenden reservoir, I plan to visit this summer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#23]
my spouse keeps telling me  Alex Baldwin has bought a house somewhere here, boy i don't no.     Yeah i  took Wildcat Road all the way to rt 4 one time, was pretty harry driving but i was young and had a jeep. Same for middle road in Chittenden to Goshen. I miss those days, im being domesticated lately and have soccer mom vehicles so im in transition till the kids get older. Id love a camp somewhere depending on what politics are at the time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#24]
my spouse keeps telling me  Alex Baldwin has bought a house somewhere here, boy i don't no.     Yeah i  took Wildcat Road all the way to rt 4 one time, was pretty harry driving but i was young and had a jeep. Same for middle road in Chittenden to Goshen. I miss those days, im being domesticated lately and have soccer mom vehicles so im in transition till the kids get older. Id love a camp somewhere depending on what politics are at the time.
View Quote

I'll bet it was. The rt. 4 end of Wildcat Rd. is only a snowmobile trail.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#25]
there was a road there, well not much of one  ended up on old turnpike road. Did that with a Cherokee. But again years ago.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#26]
there was a road there, well not much of one  ended up on old turnpike road. Did that with a Cherokee. But again years ago.
View Quote

When I was a kid I did the ride from Mendon down to wildcat on a mountain bike.  I don't know how you did it, there was a straight sided ditch with about a 6 ft drop when I did it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:25:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#27]

When I was a kid I did the ride from Mendon down to wildcat on a mountain bike.  I don't know how you did it, there was a straight sided ditch with about a 6 ft drop when I did it.
View Quote

I guess i don't know, I did it with a friend in a Cherokee. I remember one huge mud pit at the end of wildcat that i went around not through, that was the worst area. after that it was more logging road trail until old turnpike road. The road to goshen was similar just no giant mud pit. no winch just a 2in lift in the Cherokee.  If i can remember right the year was around 2007-2009. Getting through was just slow and making sure not to bottom out. Honestly it wasint the "worst" i put that car through,  I remember driving through flood waters up to the doors for multiple hundreds of ft in Cornwall( where the covered bridge used to be), and poultry river on the VT/NY border( Whitehall). Kinda miss the thing, im older with a soccer mom car now and not quite as wild, but those new willys jeeps are tempting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top