Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/22/2023 3:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH]
Heading home to Jackson. Ammo is overpriced and limited selection there.

Any decent stores that sell 5.56 in salt Lake? Sportsman’s warehouse was way over priced last I checked there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sheel’s had okay prices a few weeks ago when I stopped. Still around .50¢ a round for 223 and around .40¢ for 9mm. Sometimes Cal Ranch has better prices on bulk if they have any in stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye on utahgunexchange.com.

Can find ok-ish cash deals from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 1:14:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redman797] [#3]
Scheel a will price match any online store in stock, so worth it to look. I always see what they have and look online. I’ve gotten some insanely good buys that way.

LAX Ammo (Ammo tac) has a crap ton, their off of state street. A lot of reman stuff, but it’s good stuff and cheap. I paid $300 for 1500rds in an ammo can of 9mm. Not sure if current prices though.

Gallensons in downtown SLC is a great place too. Probably the cheapest mom n pop store. Worth looking at anyways if you have time, but parking is an issue at times. They have a stupid small parking lot down a side street to the west of their entrance.

TNT, the armory, get some guns is not worth going to for Ammo alone. Small selections (get some is an ok selection).

Bigger stores off freeways are cabelas as in Lehi and Farmington, and Scheels. Cabelas has been lacking in selection though and hit or miss if they’ll price match.

Sportsman’s in midvale has by far the best selection lately maybe tied with scheels other than LAX Ammo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Scheels had the best price on 9mm. About $14.00/50. Unfortunately all 115Gn. I’m picky about 9mm. I avoid plated bullets like blazer brass. I also prefer 147Gn.

.223 ammo was disappointing. Federal Fusion over $31.00 a box! Utah seems to love 55Gn TSX. But also pricey. No federal GMM 68/69Gn anywhere.

20Ga slugs were nowhere. No Brenneke slugs anywhere. I guess that’s expected, no bears here.

Did find some win silvertip for my fussy 1911 and some mags for my old Sig 229.

Thanks for the suggestions. Heading home tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redman797] [#5]
Sportsman’s in midvale had FGMM. Call em to make sure it’s still there, but there was a full case out. Dont Remember the price, but did see it there last week.

Very worth calling or stopping by LAC Ammo. They had a bunch of 223/556
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top