Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2020 8:17:17 PM EDT
Those dirt bags are gouging prices again.  Just like they did during the last "shortage".  Ol' CTD....never letting a bad thing go to waste.

I haven't given them a penny since last time they pulled this crap but plenty of others have.  Don't support these turds.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I'm terrible at putting in links on my phone.  I'll fire up the compulator thingie tomorrow and try it.  In the meantime several of the gun channels on YouTube have videos with examples.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You really have to watch CTD some of their surplus stuff is priced right but shipping is terrible. I got a really good deal on surplus thermal shirts year before last at $5.00 apiece during the summer. They were over $40.00 apiece at Academy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
A thread title in GD was something akin to "CTD can stuff their $900 1000rds M193", that's as much as I know or care.
After the last 4 years anyone caught with their pants down deserves it. (gun related)
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A thread title in GD was something akin to "CTD can stuff their $900 1000rds M193", that's as much as I know or care.
After the last 4 years anyone caught with their pants down deserves it. (gun related)
View Quote

I saw that thread and clicked on the link, but the prices were normal....$379 is what I seem to  remember.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I saw that thread and clicked on the link, but the prices were normal....$379 is what I seem to  remember.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
At first glance I thought that red tab says "get screwed".
Subliminal, anyone?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how many price gouging complaints they have gotten?
Now Sportsman's guide I have gotten some really nice deals and they are an Amazon approved vendor.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I've seen everyone is behaving themselves except Cheaper Than Dirt.  They alienated a lot of people the first time and this will just make it worse.  I don't see how they think this is a good business strategy.  There's always going to be people who don't care and will keep buying from them but people of the gun are generally loyal to the companies that treat them well during the bad times.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From what I've seen everyone is behaving themselves except Cheaper Than Dirt.  They alienated a lot of people the first time and this will just make it worse.  I don't see how they think this is a good business strategy.  There's always going to be people who don't care and will keep buying from them but people of the gun are generally loyal to the companies that treat them well during the bad times.  

View Quote

Devil's advocate, if you NEED ammo then price increases are the only way to protect inventory while keeping it available. It can either be cheap and gone or expensive and available.

I don't shop at CTD anyway but if I just had to have ammo at least it is there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
The prices have gone up everywhere, that's just the nature of the market.  That's not what CTD does in these situations, they see it as an opportunity to price gouge.  The good news is, so far, the others who did the same thing last time seemed to be playing nice this time around.  Maybe some of them learned that gouging gun folks is a bad business decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top