Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 12:20:27 PM EDT
Okay, I got one of the Baofengs for a gift.

Is there anyone around Chattanooga that is up on programming these things?  An area Arfcom radio net?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Check your IMs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a Baofeng also, did you hear from anything?  I am trying to learn this thing myself.  I am in Nashville area.

Thanks MIKE
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a Baofeng also, did you hear from anything?  I am trying to learn this thing myself.  I am in Nashville area.

Thanks MIKE
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks MIKE
View Quote

I just picked one of these up as well and need to program/get myself up to speed. I’m in Brentwood/Nolensville area.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
KM4UVY

I have the program cable for the UV5R. Have programed mine using Chirp.

I'm in Cleveland. You should be able to find what you need on YouTube. How to... go to repeater book.com to find a list of frequencies in your area.

Find a local ham club and they will be able to help as well.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
ive got the cable and chirp so i set up a few radios for a buddy of mine this weekend.  i was showing him how to scan the channels with it and ran across somebody in my neighborhood testing their new Baofengs.  now, what are the chances of someone  testing their radios at the sametime in my lil hood in spring hill?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Got one as well and tried to get the guy at P5 to program it but he said the one I have wasn't compatible with his setup/ program.

Collegedale/ Ooltewah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top