Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 9:11:10 AM EDT
Channel 9 is doing a anti gun hit piece supporting red flag laws and briefly mentioned the spreading 2A sanctuary movement.
One of the Lyndons is interviewed and comes out in support of red flag unconstitutional violations of due process.

Piss on Lyndon's River View Sports, for supporting this.
They will no long see me spending my money there!
I'd never thought they would aling with the likes of Larry Hyatt!

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/9investigates/9-investigates-debate-over-red-flag-laws-north-carolina/WYI56QRSN5CPLBUPMDB6KF7L6E/
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/9investigates/9-investigates-debate-over-red-flag-laws-north-carolina/WYI56QRSN5CPLBUPMDB6KF7L6E/
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Please tell me I'm mistaken,  say it ain't so.
I have enjoyed there shop and likened it to a mini road trip.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Meh that’s an over priced profanity removed - DV8 hole to begin with. I’m going to spread the word about that dump

The NCHTF is a family friendly forum on ARFCOM.  I have asked that no profanity be used as it this is usually the first place many family members, young and old, visit the site.  Please respect the CoC rules both here and on the rest of the site.  - DV8
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Although I have never heard of the place... I shared the story and info on FB ... Was a pretty clear statement.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Not going there ever
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn..
 I have bought quite a few things at that place.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC from the video he said if there was a mental health issue, they don't deserve to own a firearm...

I just wonder what the rest of the conversation was? keep in mind this was about a story of a woman shooting at cell tower workers because she was hearing voices coming from the towers. If the woman's issues were the type of mental health issue he was referring too, I might not be ready to write off his shop.

Next time I am there I will ask what he meant by his statement, he was stupid for making any comment at all. I have shopped there since i retired, I really doubt they have turned liberal and support actual red flag laws. I might be wrong and will ask them myself before making judgement.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC from the video he said if there was a mental health issue, they don't deserve to own a firearm...

I just wonder what the rest of the conversation was? keep in mind this was about a story of a woman shooting at cell tower workers because she was hearing voices coming from the towers. If the woman's issues were the type of mental health issue he was referring too, I might not be ready to write off his shop.

Next time I am there I will ask what he meant by his statement, he was stupid for making any comment at all. I have shopped there since i retired, I really doubt they have turned liberal and support actual red flag laws. I might be wrong and will ask them myself before making judgement.
View Quote
I'm in agreement ,perhaps the media "edited " his statement.
However he should have known better. The liberal media is not a friend of gun owners.
So please let us know your findings!

If he's in support of red flag laws I'll not purchase any thing from that shop again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea I posted on FB about it and wonder what the context actually was.  I trust the media as much as a fart after eating week old chili...

WP
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Channel 9 is doing a anti gun hit piece supporting red flag laws and briefly mentioned the spreading 2A sanctuary movement.
One of the Lyndons is interviewed and comes out in support of red flag unconstitutional violations of due process.

Piss on Lyndon's River View Sports, for supporting this.
They will no long see me spending my money there!
I'd never thought they would aling with the likes of Larry Hyatt!

View Quote
What are you talkin about? Larry Hyatt is a deep sponsor of GRNC, the state level gun rights group. You might can find stuff cheaper elsewhere on occasion, but he is a devotee of gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed. Larry Hyatt is the most anti-2A gun store owner I know. He’ll never see a plugged nickel from me.

Sometimes it’s the little things, like the $10 Brady Bill fee (or whatever it’s called) he tacks on that nobody else I’ve ever dealt with does.

And then sometimes it’s blatant anti-2A crap (because it hurts his bottom line if you build your own) like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8d3nAxGJ4

The fact he’s the person all the local liberal news channels go to for comment ought to tell you something. And his support for GRNC doesn’t carry much weight for me. They’re about as useful as the NRA recently with their tactics and taking credit for stuff they didn’t have much to do with.
View Quote
You can take that GRNC bashing back to CFF, there is no place for it here.

They are the gold standard for gun rights here in NC and a far cry from the NRA...

As for Larry Hyatt, maybe you have a point... However maybe he is one of those people with a heart in the right place but not skilled at talking to reporters... I've known several folks like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed. Larry Hyatt is the most anti-2A gun store owner I know. He’ll never see a plugged nickel from me.

Sometimes it’s the little things, like the $10 Brady Bill fee (or whatever it’s called) he tacks on that nobody else I’ve ever dealt with does.

And then sometimes it’s blatant anti-2A crap (because it hurts his bottom line if you build your own) like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8d3nAxGJ4

The fact he’s the person all the local liberal news channels go to for comment ought to tell you something. And his support for GRNC doesn’t carry much weight for me. They’re about as useful as the NRA recently with their tactics and taking credit for stuff they didn’t have much to do with.
View Quote
What is this Brady fee, is he charging 10 bucks to make a phone call? What if you have a CHP and don't need a back ground check does he still charge 10 bucks?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Both of those things can be completely true at the same time as me being disappointed in how they do things.

The bar is awful low when you set the NRA as the measuring point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are the gold standard for gun rights here in NC and a far cry from the NRA...
Both of those things can be completely true at the same time as me being disappointed in how they do things.

The bar is awful low when you set the NRA as the measuring point.
Well they may not be perfect, but they are fighting hard for us & for free.

North Carolina Is Now A Target w/ Grass Roots North Carolina
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What is this Brady fee, is he charging 10 bucks to make a phone call? What if you have a CHP and don't need a back ground check does he still charge 10 bucks?
View Quote
They claim the brady fee is for housing all the paperwork that you fill out when you purchase a firearm. The thing is, if you buy online and pick up in store, you don't have to pay that fee, but you still have to fill out the same paperwork. He's been charging it for years, it started out at $8, and I've got no idea how much it is now. Their in store prices are definitely high, but if you want to buy from there, definitely shop online, that's the only way they are competetive. But you can go pretty much across the street to Blackstone where they too have a good selection of guns, ammo and accessories as well as gunsmiths and also a range.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Larry Hyatt is for the 2A untill it doesn't net him a profit.
He's a go to for all of the local media anti gun hit pieces.
He opens his trap and anti freedom stuff comes out.
There was a movement for constitutional carry, who did the local media go visit well you guess Larry Hyatt.
9f friggin course he was against constitutional carry.  It would affects his bottom line missing out on all that training money.
He is against 80% lowers, ultimately it's a revinew loss, he didn't say so much but any thing that loses him money he's certainly against it.
It's a ongoing pattern that is readily visible.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top