Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/18/2020 6:32:26 AM EST
What if anything do I need to do to turn my AR pistol I assembled from a stripped Anderson upper and lower into a rifle. Any paperwork involved? For the record it’ll be getting rebarreled with a 16” barrel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:59:48 AM EST
No paperwork, just rebarrel it and put a stock on.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:37:39 AM EST
Very nice, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:19:40 PM EST
Since you're new try a forum I've been banned from a few times

michigangunowners.com or something like that

Shyster is a 2A lawyer
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:20:08 PM EST
Who would know, anyway?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:32:05 PM EST
In MI , once a rifle , always a rifle.

Once a pistol, can be a rifle, and back to a pistol.

I was just giving the OP a source where 2A lawyers are active
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:11:27 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:

View Quote

It's been a few years since I looked at the issue but I think that once it's a rifle, it's illegal to turn it back into a pistol under Michigan law.  That's because the definition of an illegal "short-barreled rifle” is "a rifle having 1 or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a weapon made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches."  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:17:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By danno-in-michigan:

It's been a few years since I looked at the issue but I think that once it's a rifle, it's illegal to turn it back into a pistol under Michigan law.  That's because the definition of an illegal "short-barreled rifle” is "a rifle having 1 or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a weapon made from a rifle, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if the weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches."  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:27:14 AM EST

View Quote

When I registered my AR15 pistol, I had someone from MSP call me up and ask me whether it had ever been a rifle.  It hadn't and I'm very careful to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:31:22 AM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't have a MechTech apparatus or ever plan on getting one, but wouldn't that interpretation hold that the MechTech apparatus is illegal to use in Michigan?
Top Top