Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2019 8:24:02 AM EDT
So I'm changing my DL later today, I take it I would have to get re-finger printed in the town that I'll be changing my DL to? Or since our finger prints are already on file with the state, I wont have to go through the hazel if getting re-finger printed?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm changing my DL later today, I take it I would have to get re-finger printed in the town that I'll be changing my DL to? Or since our finger prints are already on file with the state, I wont have to go through the hazel if getting re-finger printed?
View Quote

Depends...  are you in Jackson?  :)  (semi-inside joke...  search NJ2AS Jackson Township for that story)
No, no re-printing should be necessary.  It's a simple change-of-address.  I would advise you to hold on to your old FID until the new one is ready.  The PD will probably tell you you have to surrender your old one immediately.  BS.  The law only states you have 30 days to submit the change-of-address form.  If the demand, tell 'em it was lost in the move.

Your FID is still good for purchase of ammunition (all ammo, since most places still erroneously think you need it for anything but handgun ammo), and still covers you for transporting rifles and shotguns outside of the 2C:39-6 exemptions.  So yeah...  you lost it.  If they can flagrantly disregard the law, and not get you your relpacement FID in the timeframe mandated by the statute, you can fib a little, too.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That works for me, thank you..

A little update, they gave me a form and stated to go online to FARS.. I wonder how long this would take.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved in November. My address change took 1 month.

No prints required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top