BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I never said I was born in California .  I do have a lot better understanding of politics than you seem to. I am at the Capitol every session on my own dime pushing through pro-gun legislation.

For you phony ‘conservatives’ Beto thanks you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be interested in the Huffine's report.

Abbot is a no-go for me ever again.  Handling of Covid, last Feb's deep freeze, and the border all are embarrassing for Texas.

Hking

I have been following Huffine’s he is slightly better than West, but man talk about fucking lies. Dude says ‘He will lower property taxes’! How, the governor is not a dictator and in fact is very limited after Abbott signed into law that limits the governor’s powers. Now any order from the governor only can be in affect for 30 days and then the legislature needs to approve it or deny it. The governor has just about next to no control over property taxes, most are set by counties and ISD’s. Only thing the governor can do sign or veto a bill from the legislature. Also Huffines being a real estate guy does not make him trustworthy in my eyes on property taxes.

Even the border the governor is very limited by federal law, just look at Arizona. They passed a bill back in 2010/2011 that mirrored federal law, the courts struck it all down. Even the arresting illegals for trespassing only works if the DA’s and judges in the counties charge the illegals. Many Democrat DA and judges are not charging or releasing the illegals with no bail.

Beto thanks you for your support, because if Abbott gets primaried the out of state money will flow into Beto’s campaign.

carpet baggers insulting Texans for not liking the candidate you work for is not good form

Lived here 15 years, can you show me where I said I work for Abbott?

The carpet bagger is Allan West, still registers his cars and his wife’s business is in Florida.

Your posts make me think you work for Abbott, at least I'd hope so.  

Get in your time machine and go fight some Commanche and then you can consider yourself a Texan.

Look who can not put Texas on your name.

California born Abbott apologists is exactly what Abbott needs to get re elected.  Too bad he pissed off the conservative base the last 2 years and beyond.  

Property taxes have been out of control since well before you stepped foot on this soil.

I never said I was born in California .  I do have a lot better understanding of politics than you seem to. I am at the Capitol every session on my own dime pushing through pro-gun legislation.

Oh my what wonderful things you've done
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abbot is a no-go for me ever again.  Handling of Covid, last Feb's deep freeze, and the border all are embarrassing for Texas.

Hking

I have been following Huffine’s he is slightly better than West, but man talk about fucking lies. Dude says ‘He will lower property taxes’! How, the governor is not a dictator and in fact is very limited after Abbott signed into law that limits the governor’s powers. Now any order from the governor only can be in affect for 30 days and then the legislature needs to approve it or deny it. The governor has just about next to no control over property taxes, most are set by counties and ISD’s. Only thing the governor can do sign or veto a bill from the legislature. Also Huffines being a real estate guy does not make him trustworthy in my eyes on property taxes.

Even the border the governor is very limited by federal law, just look at Arizona. They passed a bill back in 2010/2011 that mirrored federal law, the courts struck it all down. Even the arresting illegals for trespassing only works if the DA’s and judges in the counties charge the illegals. Many Democrat DA and judges are not charging or releasing the illegals with no bail.

Beto thanks you for your support, because if Abbott gets primaried the out of state money will flow into Beto’s campaign.

carpet baggers insulting Texans for not liking the candidate you work for is not good form

The carpet bagger is Allan West, still registers his cars and his wife’s business is in Florida.

Get in your time machine and go fight some Commanche and then you can consider yourself a Texan.

California born Abbott apologists is exactly what Abbott needs to get re elected.  Too bad he pissed off the conservative base the last 2 years and beyond.  

Property taxes have been out of control since well before you stepped foot on this soil.

So you hate Constitutional Carry, Open Carry, putting road blocks in the way of banks harassing firearm businesses.

You really are a Beto supporter. Your mom probably has your Hot Pockets ready for your lunch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So you hate Constitutional Carry, Open Carry, putting road blocks in the way of banks harassing firearm businesses.

You really are a Beto supporter. Your mom probably has your Hot Pockets ready for your lunch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

OMG you are our hero we should buy you a ticket back to cali
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

I'm not quite sure what to think about this post...  If you feel Gov Abbott is the best Texas has to offer that's fine.  I happen think he's a Rovian-Austin Swamp Creature dating to '95 when was appointed to the Supreme Court, then he job hopped as a typical politician until he was truly in over his head.  Gov Abbott's been a day late and a dollar short for awhile, he's been exposed by circumstances not wholly within his control, a true leader might have realized the buck stops with him  after he's collected resignations from others.  If you're asking for my proxy vote, the answer is a definitive no.

Hking

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

To be completely candid I've got deep roots in Texas but I was born outside the State in a civilian hospital, because I was an eager little shit, while my father was on his third tour in Vietnam.  All 5 of my siblings(born in US military hospitals from Hawaii to Germany) were born outside the State of Texas, in fact.  Its a crazy world when Davy Crockett was born in Tennessee and Ol'Beto was born in El Paso.

Regards,
Hking
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To be completely candid I've got deep roots in Texas but I was born outside the State in a civilian hospital, because I was an eager little shit, while my father was on his third tour in Vietnam.  All 5 of my siblings(born in US military hospitals from Hawaii to Germany) were born outside the State of Texas, in fact.  Its a crazy world when Davy Crockett was born in Tennessee and Ol'Beto was born in El Paso.

Regards,
Hking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

Regards,
Hking

Some folks like to pretend they are Davy Crockett when they aren't is more my issue.  

My family has been here a long time, and most of my generation no longer even lives in Texas.  I also own property in NM, on top of our ranch in Texas that was a land grant from the folks my family bought it from.  

I never give folks from Tennessee crap, ever.  2 states that are ever connected.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some folks like to pretend they are Davy Crockett when they aren't is more my issue.  

My family has been here a long time, and most of my generation no longer even lives in Texas.  I also own property in NM, on top of our ranch in Texas that was a land grant from the folks my family bought it from.  

I never give folks from Tennessee crap, ever.  2 states that are ever connected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

Regards,
Hking

Understood completely, and I am wholeheartedly in agreement with your sentiments.  I was just throwing my own situation out there, for clarity's sake, so to speak.

And God bless the Tennesseans!

Hking
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Understood completely, and I am wholeheartedly in agreement with your sentiments.  I was just throwing my own situation out there, for clarity's sake, so to speak.

Hking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hking

Regards,
Hking

Hking

My great great grandfather wasn't born here either, he's from Tennessee.  God bless Tennessee.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Calling DonofKalifornia a carpetbagger simply for not being a native born Texan means you don't know what the term means historically or in reference to political candidates.

Historically,  the term was used by Southerners to describe Northerners who moved to the South after the War of Northern Aggression, who were thought to have only moved here to exploit the South for their own gain.

Nowadays, it used more often to describe politicians who hop from place to place to try and get elected. My Congressman Van Taylor is one. I think Alan West is as well.

<----Proud Arkansawyer who got to Texas as soon as he could.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Calling DonofKalifornia a carpetbagger simply for not being a native born Texan means you don't know what the term means historically or in reference to political candidates.

Historically,  the term was used by Southerners to describe Northerners who moved to the South after the War of Northern Aggression, who were thought to have only moved here to exploit the South for their own gain.

Nowadays, it used more often to describe politicians who hop from place to place to try and get elected. My Congressman Van Taylor is one. I think Alan West is as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Welcome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What would really be nice is if we could act like adults and not name call or sling insults at each other over someone's candidate of choice.  That would make this thread way more productive in my opinion.  

Now, I do not really care who you like and who you don't like...the fact of the matter is simple.  We (the Republicans) have to field the strongest candidate we can, otherwise it will be this...

Attachment Attached File

And we can spend the years after he gets voted in blaming ourselves due to our own infighting.  Take a look at the laws and bans in other states if you don't think it can happen here.

Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What would really be nice is if we could act like adults and not name call or sling insults at each other over someone's candidate of choice.  That would make this thread way more productive in my opinion.  

Now, I do not really care who you like and who you don't like...the fact of the matter is simple.  We (the Republicans) have to field the strongest candidate we can, otherwise it will be this...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117965/Beto_jpg-2246811.JPG

And we can spend the years after he gets voted in blaming ourselves due to our own infighting.  Take a look at the laws and bans in other states if you don't think it can happen here.

Just my $0.02.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117965/Beto_jpg-2246811.JPG

Just my $0.02.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

There is only one Republican candidate who has the money and can raise more money and that is Governor Abbott. Even though Bob the Fake Mexican lost his senate race (and not by much) then ripped off his mask during his presidential campaign, he will still raise a lot of money against a weak, poorly funded candidate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#15]
The silence from Allen West about our open border is deafening. If he wanted to impress us like that he might do something about open-borders and "illegal aliens" then he would have used the term "aliens" as I have, and NOT sidestep it talking bullshit about human trafficking.

I think West would be a dismal Governor just like that great do-nothing Rick Perry! West very much reminds me of a great Colin Powell kind of a military leader, but a very poor politician and Luke-warm conservative at best. I will vote for the Republican candidate whomever it is, but West will prove worse then Abbott.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The silence from Allen West about our open border is deafening. If he wanted to impress us like that he might do something about open-borders and "illegal aliens" then he would have used the term "aliens" as I have, and NOT sidestep it talking bullshit about human trafficking.

I think West would be a dismal Governor just like that great do-nothing Rick Perry! West very much reminds me of a great Colin Powell kind of a military leader, but a very poor politician and Luke-warm conservative at best. I will vote for the Republican candidate whomever it is, but West will prove worse then Abbott.
View Quote

Allen West has been anything but silent on the border issue.  You could literally go to his instagram page and find all sorts of info on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Allen West has been anything but silent on the border issue.  You could literally go to his instagram page and find all sorts of info on it.
View Quote

Does Allen West know where the border is?
Can he pronounce Waxahachie?
What color is the boathouse at the Alamo?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure you can ask him if you run into him at a gun range, which is probably a good place to find him BTW.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have read West’s ideas on solving the border issue. He has no idea the federal restrictions on what a governor can do to control the borders. Even Abbott had to work out what he could do and he pushed the envelope pretty far.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have read West’s ideas on solving the border issue. He has no idea the federal restrictions on what a governor can do to control the borders. Even Abbott had to work out what he could do and he pushed the envelope pretty far.
View Quote

To be fair.......EVERY politician loves to brag what they will do about __(insert topic here)_______. Such pandering is loved by their supporters regardless if it ever comes true.

Mayoral candidates making schools or education reform part of their platform.....even though mayors have diddly squat to do with schools or education in Texas.

Sid Miller, Texas Agriculture Commissioner telling us in TV ads about immigration always made me laugh. Heck, his website has "Battle-Tested Freedom Fighter" on it. His website  Issuessection has no mention of anything related to agriculture.

Politicians are salesmen who can lie, make promises they have no intention of fulfilling and slander their opponent with no recourse. If consumer protection laws applied to politics....it would be great.

Sadly, a large majority of the electorate doesn't have an effing clue as to division of power, what authority a particular office has, what powers are reserved by the federal government and a host of things they missed while napping in 3rd grade.

Don't believe me then reread this thread, 'cause more than a couple don't have a clue what authority the Gov has in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Multiple time incumbent Republican governor is facing multiple sporty challengers in the Republican Primary and we're the ones who don't know whats going on....

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To be fair.......EVERY politician loves to brag what they will do about __(insert topic here)_______. Such pandering is loved by their supporters regardless if it ever comes true.

Politicians are salesmen who can lie, make promises they have no intention of fulfilling and slander their opponent with no recours
e. If consumer protection laws applied to politics....it would be great.
Sadly, a large majority of the electorate doesn't have an effing clue as to division of power.
Don't believe me then reread this thread, 'cause more than a couple don't have a clue what authority the Gov has in Texas.
View Quote

The red quote is correct & EXACTLY what I expect from Allen West. A bullshit sales pitch & nothing else!

I disagree with you about the the lack of authority the Governor has.
Our open borders should require emergency action & powers. [/b]If Abbott was less afraid of possible consequences and more driven by principle & doing the right thing, he would order the National Guard there and KEEP THEM THERE!!!   Both LT.Gov Dan Patrick, (who BTW would make a great governor), and AG Paxton would support him. I'd like to see what happened when they handcuffed & attempt to put Abbott in jail for disregarding "rules" while securing our borders. He would instantly become the most popular statesman in the USA and viable candidate for President. But Abbott does not care to be a patriot or a hero. He is just a politician & THAT is the problem. Abbott is the best Governor we've had in my last 40 years, and that tells you the sorry times we are in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The red quote is correct & EXACTLY what I expect from Allen West.

I disagree with you about the the lack of authority the Governor. Our open borders should require emergency action & powers.[color=#1155Cc]If Abbott was less afraid of consequences and more driven by principle & doing the right thing, he would order the National Guard there and KEEP THEM THERE!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I disagree with you about the the lack of authority the Governor. Our open borders should require emergency action & powers.[color=#1155Cc]If Abbott was less afraid of consequences and more driven by principle & doing the right thing, he would order the National Guard there and KEEP THEM THERE!!!

Then show us where the Governor has such authority. Understand EVEN IF Texas law says he can, the Federal Courts disagree.
States don't enforce immigration laws.

[/color] Both LT.Gov Dan Patrick, (who BTW would make a great governor), and AG Paxton would support him. I'd like to see what happened when they handcuffed & attempt to put Abbott in jail for disregarding "rules" while securing our borders. He would instantly become the most popular statesman in the USA and viable candidate for President. But Abbott does not care to be a patriot or a hero. He is a just politician & THAT is the problem. Abbott is the best Governor we've had, and that tells you the sorry times we are in.

Thats called grandstanding. Danny Goeb and Paxton can support him all they want but the Feds will put a stop to it. Too young to remember Central High?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then show us where the Governor has such authority. Understand EVEN IF Texas law says he can, the Federal Courts disagree.

Thats called grandstanding. Danny Goeb and Paxton can support him all they want but the Feds will put a stop to it. Too young to remember Central High?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/color] Both LT.Gov Dan Patrick, (who BTW would make a great governor), and AG Paxton would support him. I'd like to see what happened when they handcuffed & attempt to put Abbott in jail for disregarding "rules" while securing our borders. He would instantly become the most popular statesman in the USA and viable candidate for President. But Abbott does not care to be a patriot or a hero. He is a just politician & THAT is the problem. Abbott is the best Governor we've had, and that tells you the sorry times we are in.

OMG feds say we shouldn't enforce the laws they are required to enforce and don't.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd still like to see how Texas Citizens would react to our Governor being handcuffed & dumped into a jail cell for securing our borders.  Texans have had enough and it might be the spark this country needs to show the start of a revolt to Democrat commie bullshit. Abbott would become an overnight hero. But, that takes courage, and as I said, Abbott is just a politician like the rest of them and really no different then what Trump proved he was too. Those two men were not going to martyr themselves. Yes, I'll vote for both again, but they are just politicians.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Humor and joke all you want about Lt. Gov. Danny Goeb - Dan Patrick, but I listened to this man for many years on Houston's KPRC conservative talk radio when he was a show host. How do you suppose he became a Texas State Senator? and then the Lt. Governor?? He was general manager of that station and didn't need to do it. He DID IT BECAUSE HE WAS SICK AND TIRED OF INEFFECTUAL POLITICAL LEADERSHIP that he discussed with us almost daily.  I heard the disgust in this mans voice & the rhetoric he used to describe taxation, criminals, and the illegal aliens, coming from out of his mouth daily.  He has the attitude and drive to make things happen that others don't have. I hope to see him as TX Governor one d ay in the not too distant future. If the State doesn't turn blue 1st, he will succeed! Right now he is merely being loyal to Abbott, and letting him finish out the Governorship for as long as that takes. The only reason this website doesn't endorse Lt. Gov Dan Patrick, is because he didn't activate Constitutional carry fast enough for them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

OMG feds say we shouldn't enforce the laws they are required to enforce and don't.  

View Quote

Its nothing new. You should know that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Humor and joke all you want about Lt. Gov. Danny Goeb - Dan Patrick, but I listened to this man for many years on Houston's KPRC conservative talk radio when he was a show host.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Humor and joke all you want about Lt. Gov. Danny Goeb - Dan Patrick, but I listened to this man for many years on Houston's KPRC conservative talk radio when he was a show host.

So did I.

How do you suppose he became a Texas State Senator? and then the Lt. Governor?? He was general manager of that station and didn't need to do it. He DID IT BECAUSE HE WAS SICK AND TIRED OF INEFFECTUAL POLITICAL LEADERSHIP that he discussed with us almost daily.  I heard the disgust in this mans voice & the rhetoric he used to describe taxation, criminals, and the illegal aliens, coming from out of his mouth daily.  He has the attitude and drive to make things happen that others don't have. I hope to see him as TX Governor one d ay in the not too distant future. If the State doesn't turn blue 1st, he will succeed! Right now he is merely being loyal to Abbott, and letting him finish out the Governorship for as long as that takes.

He's a phony, saying anything that will get him elected.

The only reason this website doesn't endorse Lt. Gov Dan Patrick, is because he didn't activate Constitutional carry fast enough for them.

Yeah, his lack of interest in Constitutional carry is just one more example of a long history of anti Second Amendment actions and comments.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The red quote is correct & EXACTLY what I expect from Allen West. A bullshit sales pitch & nothing else!

Our open borders should require emergency action & powers. [/b]If Abbott was less afraid of possible consequences and more driven by principle & doing the right thing, he would order the National Guard there and KEEP THEM THERE!!!   Both LT.Gov Dan Patrick, (who BTW would make a great governor), and AG Paxton would support him. I'd like to see what happened when they handcuffed & attempt to put Abbott in jail for disregarding "rules" while securing our borders. He would instantly become the most popular statesman in the USA and viable candidate for President. But Abbott does not care to be a patriot or a hero. He is just a politician & THAT is the problem. Abbott is the best Governor we've had in my last 40 years, and that tells you the sorry times we are in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Politicians are salesmen who can lie, make promises they have no intention of fulfilling and slander their opponent with no recours
e. If consumer protection laws applied to politics....it would be great.
Sadly, a large majority of the electorate doesn't have an effing clue as to division of power.

This is why Governor Abbott has to thread the needle to do what he legally can to do as much as he possibly can. Remember a year ago Texas did not have a major border issue. Both President Trump and Governor Abbott worked very closely together. Pedo Joe HATES, YES HATES Texas, he would love seeing Texas destroyed and taken over by a like minded idiot like Bob the Fake Mexican.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I obviously know that and maybe now you're seeing that its now a problem?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if that needs to be changed it is the federal government be required to change federal laws.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And if that needs to be changed it is the federal government be required to change federal laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crack is bad mmmmKay
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Crack is bad mmmmKay
View Quote

I can tell because you must smoke a lot of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crack is bad mmmmKay

Yeah I'm not the one talking crazy about changing federal law, next thing ya gonna say is let the feds do their job at the border

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm not the one talking crazy about changing federal law, next thing ya gonna say is let the feds do their job at the border

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crack is bad mmmmKay

You really are clueless. If people like you want me to vote for West, I think I would rather vote for Beto.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You really are clueless. If people like you want me to vote for West, I think I would rather vote for Beto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crack is bad mmmmKay

That's good.  You should do that
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He's a phony, saying anything that will get him elected.

Yeah, his lack of interest in Constitutional carry is just one more example of a long history of anti Second Amendment actions and comments.
View Quote

Dan Patrick owns the frigging radio station that he use to broadcast his daily conservative talk-show from. Like Trump, he is successful at what he does and didn't have to run for office, but is passionate about America. Abbott and Lt. Gov Patrick got us constitutional carry while there are still 28 states that do NOT have it. The Gov and Lt.Gov have left the "Stand Your Ground" law in effect, and have NEVER let an AR15, silencer, or mag capacity bill progress past Lt. Gov Patrick's hands. Those 2 were seen proudly attending Trump rallies. But still neither Abbott or the Lt.Gov are good enough for you. There's a LOT of important front page news asides our 2nd amendment rights. I'm NOT happy having seen my Country transformed to some 3rd world shithole that resembles So.Africa and/or Brazil. Our current 2nd amend freedoms will NOT help save you when a commie Democrat AG or liberal Judge throws your ass in jail for defending yourself against a hoodrat!  

No sense us debating further about Dan Patrick, as he's not running for Gov.  But Abbott is running again and is the best we've ever had. Previous Govs including Perry just sat there comfy and coasted along lazily accomplishing nothing.   I am NOT impressed with Allen West's track record outside his service career, as he will prove to be a dismal and ineffectual leader as he was in Congress and as the Republican Party Chair.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Abbott and Lt. Gov Patrick got us constitutional carry
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Abbott and Lt. Gov Patrick got us constitutional carry

While Abbott has been consistent in keeping his Second Amendment promises (signing every 2A bill that crosses his desk), Patrick has to be bullied and threatened every step of the way.

The Gov and Lt.Gov have left the "Stand Your Ground" law in effect, and have NEVER let an AR15, silencer, or mag capacity bill progress past Lt. Gov Patrick's hands. Those 2 were seen proudly attending Trump rallies. But still neither Abbott or the Lt.Gov are good enough for you.

Your reading comprehension sucks.
First, NO POLITICIAN IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. It's always choosing the one who will cause me the least grief.
Second, I've written very little if anything negative about Abbott. In fact I think he's done a pretty good job under some unusual circumstances.
But Danny Goeb, the phony? He's a 2A advocate on the campaign trail but nearly let open carry die. Since your memory has failed you, read this article:https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/04/19/bill-that-allows-people-to-carry-handguns-without-a-license-doesnt-have-enough-support-to-pass-texas-senate-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says/ Rather than lead the Texas Senate through 2A issues, Danny Goeb (changed his name when he bankrupted his business) stands in the back row. Thats not advocacy, but politicking.
In the general election, I'll vote for him because he's running against a Democrat.

No sense us debating further about Dan Patrick, as he's not running for Gov.  But Abbott is running again and is the best we've ever had. Previous Govs including Perry just sat there comfy and coasted along lazily accomplishing nothing.   I am NOT impressed with Allen West's track record outside his service career, as he will prove to be a dismal and ineffectual leader as he was in Congress and as the Republican Party Chair.  

I cannot disagree.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#40]
A technique often used in engineering problems is to use what's called Risk Weighted Analysis.  It's where, instead of deciding all at once what to do, you look at various aspects of the problem, assign probabilities to different scenarios, and then see what the overall risk weighted outcomes are.

For Texas governor, the knock on Abbott seems to be that he did too much lockdown stuff in the early days of the Wuhan virus, and that various other candidates claim they would have done it differently.  But you only have their promise, after the fact, that they would have resisted all the Wuhan panic and kept everything open and running at 100%.  

Being generous to them, it's a 50% - 50% chance they would.  Lots of elected officials claim one thing, get into office, then act completely different.

So, using this, electing someone besides Abbott gives you a 50% chance of them being better.

But - there's also a general election to deal with.  Abbott in the general election would have about a 90-95% chance of winning, against the most likely opponent of Beta Male.  Abbots won the governors race twice before, last time by 13%.  He can't at this point be typecast as a "meanie who hates!!!', which is the Democrat - Media's favorite line about Republicans. His wife is Hispanic so he gets good support from that group for a Republican.  

Now Beta Male failed in his last race for statewide office, in 2018.  He had huge funding, was constantly pumped up by the media as a fresh young leader, and was running against a very conservative Cruz, who could be typecast as a meanie, and thus didn't get a lot of support from the afternoon wino book club crowd.  And all this is a good year for Democrats nationwide.  He still lost by 3%.

Abbott vs. Beta Male in 22, with Slow Joe the drooling President having about a 30% approval rate, won't be close.  Unless something unusual happens like some hitherto unknow scandal popping up about Abbott, expect another 60/40 blow out like in 14 against the Abortion Barbie Wendy Davis.

But for West/Huffines/Prather, it's much less.  Again, call it 50/50.  2022 will be a good year for the GOP, but any of those candidates are going to have a much harder race than Abbott would.  Plenty of opportunity for unknown scandals, real or media created, to pop up.  And, it wouldn't be surprising for the establishment wing of the GOP to do their usual thing when their candidate doesn't win the primary, and take their ball and go home crying, and not support the GOP nominee.  

So, you have a 50% chance that West/Huffines/Prather wins the general election, and then a 50% chance that they would do better than Abbott.  That's a 25% chance overall.

And, you now have a 50% chance that instead of them, or the decent but not great Abbott is governor, you have Beta Male as governor, and the endless celebratory stories of "Texas turns Blue!!!".  If that communist was governor now, you'd still have the state as locked down as he could possibly have it.

Here's what a vote for West/Huffines/Prather means:

25% chance you'll have a more conservative governor that Abbott
25% chance you'll have the same type of governor as Abbott
50% chance you'll have a communist swine as governor.  And don't count on the Texas Legislature as a backstop - in the event of a Beta Male win as governor, the momentum of him winning could bring in more Democrats into the Legislature.  The Texas Senate is 18-13 R, so a swap of 3 seats, and it's a Democrat run Senate.

Any of West/Huffines/Prather are going to have a hard race in the general election - and if you vote for them in the primary, are you going to do your part to help them in the general?  Donate to their campaigns, make phone calls, knock on doors, hold signs at intersections - the hard work of getting someone elected, not marking a ballot and then doing nothing else.  Going with West/Huffines/Prather is a bold move for the general election, and if you are not prepared to put in the work to keep Beta Male out of the office, then don't vote for them.

Abbott doesn't do much for me, and I certainly would not vote for him in a presidential primary.  If Milk Carton Cornyn finally disappears in 2026 and doesn't run for re-election, I'd look for about any other viable candidate for that seat.  But he's been an OK governor, and is such a slam dunk for the governor's race in 22 I'm voting for him, hoping he doesn't have a runoff to deal with, and will enjoy the easy win against Beta Male, while I donate and volunteer for other races.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife who is precint chair in our county, really seems impressed with Huffines. Really need to see what he is all about on the issues.

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
and Lt. Gov Patrick got us constitutional carry
View Quote

It is not Constitutional Carry. Permitless Carry for handguns at best, we actually lost ground on existing Constitutional Carry for long guns.

Patrick also wanted to get us Universal Background Checks and was open to a whole lot more.

As soon as he decides not to run again, he will stab us in the back.

He is the most anti-gun Republican state-wide politician in history.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My wife who is precint chair in our county, really seems impressed with Huffines. Really need to see what he is all about on the issues.

View Quote

He was a one term state senator. In his ad he said he did not take a pay check or pension from the state. Well since he is making money in real estate he could easily for go his pay check as senator. I am pretty sure house and senators don’t get a pension since the job is part time.

His ads make it sounds like he is going to get tough on the border and property taxes. Well Abbott has pretty much pushed the envelope as hard as a governor can on the border. On property taxes that comes do to the legislature to fix, the governor just signs the bill, now he/she can use the ‘bully pulpit’ to help get it going and moving along. The Texas governor has very little power and has less since Abbott signed a bill limiting the governor’s emergency powers before the legislature has to approve them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So who forced everyone into Lowe’s and Home Depot? That makes no sense whatsoever.
View Quote

guess you weren't in texas in 2020. I clearly remember only a few big box stores being allowed"" to be open and them all having a very large line outside with everyone standing right next to each other to get in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes I understand that. No one was forced into Home Depot or Lowe’s.
View Quote

and yet everyone was there? did you even live in texas in 2020?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Other than bars, music venues and dance halls most other businesses that were forced to shut down were under county Judge orders like in Travis and Harris county. Yeah, restaurants had to go to take out only, funny thing is quite a few are doing drive thru only. Some of the shut down stuff businesses did they did on their own not forced. The few restaurants in my area that closed up were pretty poorly run, and have been bought up by people that know how to run a business.

Even when the restaurants reopened for eat in customers, they weren’t that busy for the first few months, instead still doing mostly take out or delivery.

To try to blame Governor Abbott for everything shows you really aren’t paying attention. Then again if Abbott did nothing and Covid happened to take off and overloading the hospitals and skyrocketing death toll, you would be the first one bitching. Abbott also did not keep Texas ‘locked down’ like California, New York or  Michigan. To those that think Florida did everything right, well they kept their Capitol locked down, no citizens can enter, only certain lobbyists can enter by appoint. At the same time the Texas Capitol was open, to the citizens of Texas to lobby their legislators.
View Quote

who gave the local authorities the power to close everything down? i'll give you a hint... it all starts with the governor and that was............ abbott.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’m not trying to blame Abbott. It was and is a shitty situation for everyone. I’m arguing with dog bark. No one was forced to shop anywhere. That was a ridiculous comment. If you want to blame the government for this mess there is plenty to go around at all levels.
View Quote

well you're 100% wrong. If i need home supplies i can't go to the local store, i am forced to go to home depot, the only store allowed to be open.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

continually call a special session lol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

you're missing the point. The federal gov (executive branch) does not have the authority to not enforce laws on the books or change them at their will. You'd have a major problem arguing with the court that Texas should stop enforcing the laws on the books because we want to illegally continue to neglect them.

Also, pull back from the border 100 feet onto Texas land and build a wall. Stop sitting around watching texas be destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I like what Prather has to say, but he's not going to be able to get things done. Abbott has a track record, not a great one IMHO but better than West by a far shot.

Once again we get to elect milktoast leadership.
View Quote

sounds like the same argument we had against trump and every other outsider lol. Those aged well.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top