Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2022 1:22:05 PM EDT
Can anyone suggest a place to do ceramic coating and paint correction on a new car? Also, window tinting? I know how inflated the cost is on the stuff, but don't mind paying if they do a very thorough job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
This place has the most appropriate name.  

West Hartford.  The Simoniz Garage, we specialize in ceramic coating, paint correction, car detailing...
I have no experience with them (never had a car detailed), and found this place with a yahoo search.
The history of Simoniz....
Simoniz | A Ride Through Time

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Dirk at Darien Detail. He does all the work for the local Porsche dealers, Miller Motorcars, and Lamborghini. He is the best, and his prices reflect it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

There's a bunch of places offering, but from what I'm told there's a big difference in the products used and workmanship. A friend of mine owns a car wash and has on and off offered these services through 3rd parties. Unfortunately he's not offering right now since he can't find any good people to do the work at his place.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a place in Seymour that does high end cars and wraps and stuff. Acr aci or ACL. Something like that
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a place in Seymour that does high end cars and wraps and stuff. Acr aci or ACL. Something like that
View Quote

They have good reviews, thanks Leon.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dirk at Darien Detail. He does all the work for the local Porsche dealers, Miller Motorcars, and Lamborghini. He is the best, and his prices reflect it.
View Quote

Dirk did full PPF on my 911 last year, he's a perfectionist. You get what you pay for.

I'll probably have him add ceramic before the summer's over.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dirk did full PPF on my 911 last year, he's a perfectionist. You get what you pay for.

View Quote

Do you mind me asking what the full PPF cost? He corrected paint first I'm assuming?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you mind me asking what the full PPF cost? He corrected paint first I'm assuming?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like 7k for the full car, every painted surface.

The car was brand new, I had him pick it up at the dealer. He transports the car in an enclosed trailer from the dealer to his shop. Minimal correction necessary.

PPF can be found cheaper, but I wanted it done right.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The car was brand new, I had him pick it up at the dealer. He transports the car in an enclosed trailer from the dealer to his shop. Minimal correction necessary.

View Quote

Sounds about right. ACI quoted me $6,400 for full car. I agree with the done right. I'm looking for just front and rockers though. I'll give him a ring.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds about right. ACI quoted me $6,400 for full car. I agree with the done right. I'm looking for just front and rockers though. I'll give him a ring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't go wrong bro, he's literally the best there is.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which 911, let's see some pics!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go

2021 C2S
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

$7,000 for fancy wax? Cheaper to get a repaint
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know how I know you don't know what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here you go

2021 C2S
View Quote

Wow, very nice! I bet the sound is amazing when it revs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go

2021 C2S

Yep, got the sport exhaust at the suggestion of the salesman, it was definitely a good move.

What vehicle are you shopping ceramic/PPF for?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not realize it includes a wash.

And you are right. I had no idea. Had to Google what this is. My classic/fancy car days are long behind me so I don't keep up with the latest waxes, etc.

Still seems like a gimmicky thing. Yes, paint correction, which used to be called buffing, is worth it, if the right person is doing it. The wrong person can destroy your car.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, got the sport exhaust at the suggestion of the salesman, it was definitely a good move.

What vehicle are you shopping ceramic/PPF for?
View Quote

Nothing special, new 3 series BMW for a daily. Waiting for the new M2 to come out then I'll be deciding between that and the M4 for a fun car.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah he did my C4S. I see you got the same wheels as I did. I thought it was a gamble as they didn't have an example at the dealer when I ordered. I am glad I did they look great. I decided against the ceramic, just seemed overkill on top of the PPF.

For the OP, if you pay cash, some of these guys will work with you a bit on price. Make sure to be very clear on the end result you are looking for.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah he did my C4S. I see you got the same wheels as I did. I thought it was a gamble as they didn't have an example at the dealer when I ordered. I am glad I did they look great. I decided against the ceramic, just seemed overkill on top of the PPF.

For the OP, if you pay cash, some of these guys will work with you a bit on price. Make sure to be very clear on the end result you are looking for.
View Quote

Good tip on the cash offer, thanks. What do you mean about the end result? Pretty straight forward on the end result, no?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good tip on the cash offer, thanks. What do you mean about the end result? Pretty straight forward on the end result, no?
View Quote

I should rephrase that. Make sure to be clear on how the car is going to be used. He may recommend different products for a daily vs a weekender or tracker. Also, if having tint done, color vs heat repellent.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I think they have a ceramic wrap too
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Tint-King in Bridgeport for window tint. They use quality tint made in US that will last you many years. I had all my vehicles done there over past decade.
Even after 8 years, tint still looks like new on my daily driver. No bubbles or color changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top