Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/5/2020 9:06:53 AM EDT
Obviously keep PERSEC in mind but this can be a central Ohio check in thread for COVID-19 stuff.

It sounds like there are going to be approximately 20 overflow field hospitals set up around the area soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nurse at OSU here.... got a few floors with confirmed and rule outs, nothing close to a surge yet. Wife is at the VA and they are in total freakout mode with tents outside etc. Still nothing close to being overwhelmed.

The convention center is the backup hospital location for OSU, Ohio Health, and Mt. Carmel as of now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nurse at OSU here.... got a few floors with confirmed and rule outs, nothing close to a surge yet. Wife is at the VA and they are in total freakout mode with tents outside etc. Still nothing close to being overwhelmed.

The convention center is the backup hospital location for OSU, Ohio Health, and Mt. Carmel as of now.
View Quote

Believe it or not the VA in Columbus is a Clinic, not a Hospital. There aren't many beds there for patients.  

It's good to know.  If I get it I wondered where the VA would send me. I guess right there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
My Bro is in Dublin
Thanks for making this thread.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My contact with CFD says that:

A) The loss of manpower due to infected and exposed firefighters is going to be severe.
B) The "customer service" oriented policies for EMS are going to make "A" even worse.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive noticed through Twitter that in the past week Deswines postings have gone from almost 100% supportive to almost majority negative and calling out on his statism.... the docs media is also getting trashed...
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not on the frontlines of this thing, my connections are more political.  

If I hear anything useful, I'll add it, but I don't expect to hear anything now that I am sheltering at home at the behest of my employer.

Thank you for this thread.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ive noticed through Twitter that in the past week Deswines postings have gone from almost 100% supportive to almost majority negative and calling out on his statism.... the docs media is also getting trashed...
View Quote

I'm calling it.

I get to throw her in the pool of sharks.

Y'all can watch, but I get to do it.

I held my nose and voted for Deswine.  I will not do it again.

I'll sit it out next time at the least.

Most people I know want him go e almost as much as her.

I have already told the Ohio Republican party he last lost any further donations from me.

Today I'm going to write the national GOP and tell them the same thing.

Thinking about putting Fuck Dewine on 10 foot letters on top my barn roof.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm calling it.

I get to throw her in the pool of sharks.

Y'all can watch, but I get to do it.

I held my nose and voted for Deswine.  I will not do it again.

I'll sit it out next time at the least.

Most people I know want him go e almost as much as her.

I have already told the Ohio Republican party he last lost any further donations from me.

Today I'm going to write the national GOP and tell them the same thing.

Thinking about putting Fuck Dewine on 10 foot letters on top my barn roof.
View Quote

Naw man, we gonna have to split that abortion loving obama sucking skank.... you can have top or bottom half to throw in the shark tank... i get the other...
Her new change to outright lying about the use of homemade masks is egregious, they offer 0 protection from anything biological... if your burning trash or riding your vespa down a dirt lane then sure, they do something....
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Fair enough.
She should be happy about distributing the fun equally.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Checking in.  Nothing to report, tho, which is surprising given how fast they emptied out the jails...
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Im an electrician we have been working regular hours and even doing resi service calls still... they have rules though..  

Only one of my guys refuses to work in the fear of it...

But I will say there has been way to many people out and about for in place rule.. Lowes was full of garden shoppers with there kids on Friday..
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm up in Delaware, Its been pretty low key here as far as I can tell.  I normally work in Dublin but we're all working from home.  Grocery is busy but calm when I have to go.  I do avoid going pretty much anywhere else.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife is an RN for one of the large hospital networks in Central Ohio. She has been in 2 of the hospitals over the last week doing PPE training and checks.  There are a handful of covid patients in each hospital.  

Right now they are in prep and wait mode.  A lot of nurses and techs are being called off right now as the patient load is extremely small.  

A lot of them are freaking out, but it sounds like we are much more prepared than other places.  Like it or not, what the governor has done has slowed down the spread.  I just hope it's enough to not overwhelm the system if we get the surge they are preparing for.  He could have dicked around like Cuomo and we could be having massive amounts of death.

We honestly need to get testing figured out.  In countries where they have been able to do mass testing we are finding that a massive amount of people get it, are asymptomatic, get over it and never know they had it.  That draws away from the pool of people who get sick enough to need hospitilization.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife is an NP and had to wait 8 days for her test to come back (negative).

That's stupid long.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My contact with CFD says that:

A) The loss of manpower due to infected and exposed firefighters is going to be severe.
B) The "customer service" oriented policies for EMS are going to make "A" even worse.

View Quote

That and getting paid properly... Having PPE other than a raincoat might help A but...

Taking steps to 'isolate' stations manpower wise to avoid cross contamination.

Long drawn out deal and there may be no department to show up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife is an NP and had to wait 8 days for her test to come back (negative).

That's stupid long.
View Quote

That's crazy in the capitol city of Ohio

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I work for a county office, some of us are in the building and some at home, we are quite busy processing Abs Ballots requests
at the moment.

Praying for all of my central arfcom brothers and their fams to stay healthy!

Quoted:
Obviously keep PERSEC in mind but this can be a central Ohio check in thread for COVID-19 stuff.

It sounds like there are going to be approximately 20 overflow field hospitals set up around the area soon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Email from my wife's employer said that they are being told y ODH the surge is going to happen anytime between Monday April 13 and mid May.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Email from my wife's employer said that they are being told y ODH the surge is going to happen anytime between Monday April 13 and mid May.

View Quote

Not to sound sarcastic... but remember their leader uses guesstimation math....

However they restarted abortions as thats more critical then the "elective" surgical stuff...so Im sure that makes Mrs Acton happy....

On the other side, EDs remain empty over the past 2 days or so...
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Sunbury is pretty quiet. I actually left the house yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks-had to grab some supplies to keep some projects rolling. Work is slow as several of our customers have shut down.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
FF here, it hasnt been bad yet but they are telling us the "surge" is due in the next 1-2 weeks
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FF here, it hasnt been bad yet but they are telling us the "surge" is due in the next 1-2 weeks
View Quote

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/ohio

For what it’s worth, the IHME model shows estimated peak of hospital resource utilization will be in 1 day and peak of deaths per day will be in 5 days.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

For what it’s worth, the IHME model shows estimated peak of hospital resource utilization will be in 1 day and peak of deaths per day will be in 5 days.
View Quote

State is calling at on 4-25, I don't know who to believe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see no reason to believe any of them.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel like its been 1-2 weeks for 2 weeks now
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I feel like its been 1-2 weeks for 2 weeks now
View Quote

Certainly feels like shooting a moving target from a moving platform.

Someone is bound to be right by chance lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I see no reason to believe any of them.

View Quote

Let's just hope the state is correct since that gives us a bit more time to prepare then
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Correctional Receiving Center (CRC) has one confirmed inmate case today.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Checking in, all is well here except for my rampant anxiety.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Empty hospitals, furloughed nurses and unadulterated panic... “The Heart of it All.”
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#32]

OSU now has chainlink corrals going to tents for the horde of dead and dying that are approaching......

All empty....
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

According to our OSU office, they've been going off WHO data...so....
View Quote

Yep real numbers are.......not bad .. amd this is from a person who thought this was going to be catastrophic..
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Logan county checking in. 4 or 5 cases confirmed so far. Saw a few more people wearing masks today when I went up to drop something off at the bank. Honda has pushed their restart date to May 4th now. The unemployment hotline is busy as hell right now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I had to take a loaner push mower to my sister in law tonight. The stores are busy as hell. Lowe's, Meijer and Walmart were packed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had to take a loaner push mower to my sister in law tonight. The stores are busy as hell. Lowe's, Meijer and Walmart were packed.
View Quote

The state topped out everyone's EBT cards to the max balance over the last couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Are we still 2 weeks out?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The state topped out everyone's EBT cards to the max balance over the last couple of days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Things are calm in Athens county.  We've had just a few confirmed cases and the numbers have been stable for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are we still 2 weeks out?
View Quote

No, tomorrow it will be two weeks out......
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#41]
An employee at the Dollar Tree on Subury Rd and 161 right by the Krogers tested positive the other day.

The store is now closed.  I went yesterday and there was a sign indicating that it needed to be cleaned

I was at the other one in Westerville and the cashier confirmed that was the reason for the store being closed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#42]
How will I ever get my essential bologna if it’s closed?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife made a good point about this.... of all the bullshit thats going in with this... why in Zeus's name are we not repaving like all of highways???? No traffic and our construction boys could use the work and work even more safely during the virus than without it... not to mention fill  in  the millions of tirekillers every hundred yards of blacktop....
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My wife made a good point about this.... of all the bullshit thats going in with this... why in Zeus's name are we not repaving like all of highways???? No traffic and our construction boys could use the work and work even more safely during the virus than without it... not to mention fill  in  the millions of tirekillers every hundred yards of blacktop....
View Quote

I was just in downtown Columbus this morning, and they seem to be doing just that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was just in downtown Columbus this morning, and they seem to be doing just that.
View Quote

They’ve been doing it for years. It’s a job program for the next forty years.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Son in law is a Dr. on call to several Hospitals around Dublin area. Last time I talked to him, not a whole lot of cases.
He has been exposed to it, but so far does not have it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Happened upon a protest at the statehouse today while out bike riding with my wife. It was a sight to see (and hear). As we were approaching, we could hear a commotion and wondered what was going on. There was a long line of cars & trucks slowly driving clockwise around the block where the building sits (Broad, Third, State, High), all constantly honking and most with flags waving. Many Gadsden & Trump flags. It put a big smile on my face.

As I was waiting to cross, I saw a young family with two little kids headed to the grounds to protest on foot. The wife had a Gadsden flag, and the husband had an upside down US flag -- I commended them for bringing the kids, mom replied "Gotta start 'em young! We SPEAK for our rights!" I laughed out loud when one pickup truck had "RESIST" on the back -- I appreciate his sense of humor (although it was a spelled out in blue painters tape). One car had "DeWine's Dark Money comes from Bill Gates" on the side, another "DeWine is a Rino"...some "Open Ohio Now" signs. As we passed on, we came what looked like a woman with two young grandkids (also with signs), walking towards the building.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#50]
So my home town of Marion, and where my parents live, had a 565 case spike on Friday.

Marion has a state prison there and they tested the guards and the "guests" and 565 were positive.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top