Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2019 5:20:55 PM EDT
Long story short - moving back to IN from Cincinnati and have a Form 4 pending for a silencer that's about 9 months old. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to get the stamp and transfer done while I'm still an OH resident, so I need a back-up plan to re-submit the Form 4 once I become an IN resident again, which will happen around the end of this month.

All my forms are through Silencershop, so was wondering who the better shops are on the north side of Indy? Looks like there are quite a few dealers on Silencershop's website, just trying to thin down the options and would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Eric
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've dealt with Hoosier Armory recently and was treated well, that is the only northside shop I have dealt with recently
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've dealt with Hoosier Armory recently and was treated well, that is the only northside shop I have dealt with recently
View Quote
Thanks, pretty sure they were one of the options I was looking at. The other that comes to mind is M&J Firearms.

I may have been a little spoiled with my dealer in Cinci, they are a small shop (actually a small room of their automotive repair shop) that charged me $35 for a transfer that wasn’t purchased through Silencershop. A lot of the numbers I’ve seen on websites just poking around is more like $100.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Little late on this thread, but you get the transfer taken care of with a shop near Indy? Wondering what they charged?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Ended up not moving in the same timeframe as was originally thought, so I was able to take possession in Ohio from my original dealer once the stamp came in.

Most of the shops that I looked into around Indy were $100 for a transfer. The dealer I have used in OH was $60 for a transfer on a can not purchased through Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Mandjfirearms.com in Fortville has a silencershop kiosk in their gun shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top