Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 8:27:59 PM EDT
Looking for some land to build a small range on. Seeing some property near 95 in acre or so plots. One says it needs key access, not buildable. Anyone have any knowledge of property like this?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like suburban estates in Holopaw. Not a huge fan of those types of places. Usually very unsafe from the times I’ve been. You just never know what’s going on and people have free range of everything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I would like to find a place, just an acre or two where I can keep my 5th wheel and occasionally spend a few days. If you find anywhere reasonable please let me know.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Your going to overpay right now. And an acre or 2 is not going to be enough.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like Mondex.

A few thousand acres of scrub divided into small 1-5 acre plots.

In my Response area at the FD for 20 years, access is off 5A ( now Deering Parkway) at the Volusia / Brevard line west of 95, or from Maytown Road on the north end in Volusia County.

For years it was a wild, uncontrolled four-wheeling and party spot, every weekend hundreds of four wheelers, atv’s , dirt bikes would run rampant there.

Even had their own Facebook page, “ 5a or Bust”

It sits in front of 60,000 acres of tree farm owned by Miami Corp, a subsidiary of International Harvester.

They have a development plan to create a gigantic new community on their property, and have bought up all the properties bordering the road, fenced and gated it, and closed off access to anyone who doesn’t have deeded property there. A deed gets you a key.

The property is wild pine scrub and swamp. Very poor two trail road s, very wet, 4x4 only and often during the rainy season you just aren’t getting through.

There is a very nice paved bike trail that runs on the western border between the Mondex properties and Miami Corp. You could ride it to view some of the land.

Shooting range? Sure. Access? Maybe.

Rough cobb out there. Fought a lot of brush fires out there.

Flew a lot of wrecked riders out of there too. All locked down now though.

My buddy owns five acres out there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like Mondex.

A few thousand acres of scrub divided into small 1-5 acre plots.

In my Response area at the FD for 20 years, access is off 5A ( now Deering Parkway) at the Volusia / Brevard line west of 95, or from Maytown Road on the north end in Volusia County.

For years it was a wild, uncontrolled four-wheeling and party spot, every weekend hundreds of four wheelers, atv’s , dirt bikes would run rampant there.

Even had their own Facebook page, “ 5a or Bust”

It sits in front of 60,000 acres of tree farm owned by Miami Corp, a subsidiary of International Harvester.

They have a development plan to create a gigantic new community on their property, and have bought up all the properties bordering the road, fenced and gated it, and closed off access to anyone who doesn’t have deeded property there. A deed gets you a key.

The property is wild pine scrub and swamp. Very poor two trail road s, very wet, 4x4 only and often during the rainy season you just aren’t getting through.

There is a very nice paved bike trail that runs on the western border between the Mondex properties and Miami Corp. You could ride it to view some of the land.

Shooting range? Sure. Access? Maybe.

Rough cobb out there. Fought a lot of brush fires out there.

Flew a lot of wrecked riders out of there too. All locked down now though.

My buddy owns five acres out there.
View Quote

Playing at the mondex was the best of times. We would plan our day to be heading out before the rowdy crowd shown up or if they were already there leave before they got too drunk. Even when it was dry out there a standard 4x4 could get in trouble. If it was wet you better be ready to cross water over 5' deep.

I've watched so much of SE volusia bulldozed for neighborhoods it makes me sick. Areas I played at as a kid are gone and the places my son played at are mostly gone too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Playing at the mondex was the best of times. We would plan our day to be heading out before the rowdy crowd shown up or if they were already there leave before they got too drunk. Even when it was dry out there a standard 4x4 could get in trouble. If it was wet you better be ready to cross water over 5' deep.

I've watched so much of SE volusia bulldozed for neighborhoods it makes me sick. Areas I played at as a kid are gone and the places my son played at are mostly gone too.
View Quote

Yup, building like crazy in Edgewater and new Smyrna
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I recommend Mims, only because its close by and I could probably use it on the weekends.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would like to find a place, just an acre or two where I can keep my 5th wheel and occasionally spend a few days. If you find anywhere reasonable please let me know.
View Quote

Oleander drive in North Port. Right now it's great, in a few years it will all be built over and you can sell it and buy something somewhere else. Check it out on Google earth.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup, building like crazy in Edgewater and new Smyrna
View Quote
Grew up down there.
Moved to the ONF vs staying In town.
Even the  daytona area from Port orange to ormond is being developed warp speed.
Look at the west side of pioneer trail to 415/back of fly in to Taylor as an example.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top