Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2021 8:51:18 AM EDT
Looking for some insight from locals as I can't find any info. CCW is allowed in grand canyon but can't find anything if the grand canyon railway allows it or not. Any insight would be helpful thank you
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think the railway allows it.

Check https://friendorfoe.us/ as well as the railway website for more information.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for some insight from locals as I can't find any info. CCW is allowed in grand canyon but can't find anything if the grand canyon railway allows it or not. Any insight would be helpful thank you
View Quote

I rode GCRR a few years back. Concealed means concealed, I didnt have any issues.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I rode GCRR a few years back. Concealed means concealed, I didnt have any issues.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I also rode the Grand Canyon Railway a few years back. They have signs posted no weapons. Same thing at all the Grand Canyon buildings. You can wander all over the canyon itself, but the numerous rip off gift shops demand you be defenseless.
Now, I did have a great time on the railway, quite a fun experience, even in the cheap seats.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also rode the Grand Canyon Railway a few years back. They have signs posted no weapons. Same thing at all the Grand Canyon buildings. You can wander all over the canyon itself, but the numerous rip off gift shops demand you be defenseless.
View Quote

Are they ARS 4-229 compliant signs?

Every legislative session, we should be bombarding our reps to A) repeal 4-229; B) exempt CCW holders; C) require those who post signs to assume legal liability and provide storage.  Put the onus back on them, and the signs will disappear.

I'm hoping 2022 results in a "red wave" that'll let us get this glaring issue in AZ law fixed.  Trespass statutes are more than sufficient to deal with the "problem".
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering they do serve alcoholic beverages on the train, they might be 4-229 signs, - that was a while ago and I don't remember specifics. They also might be doing that so the actors on the trip back to Williams don't get shot by accident! However, it's so over the top only a complete nimrod would "get involved".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top