Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2022 4:31:00 PM EDT
Who’s your pick for Gov.  MN Gun Owners Caucus straw poll has Murphy, Benson, Gazelka as top three in that order. I didn’t attend the annual meeting. Looking for input from someone that was there.

Gun right and safety are my concerns at the state level.

Castle doctrine/Stand your ground legislation is more important to me than Constitutional Carry at this point.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of pro gun freedom loving candidates.  In a purple/blue state, electability means a lot. In MN, the means either: Female, Scandinavian last name, or name recognition.  Since our local media is 100% in the Democrats pocket and the major money donors give nearly 100% to the Democrats (Education MN, Native American tribes, unions), you have a slim window of people who are "electable " from the right. Compared to other areas, we have a much narrower opportunity to win a statewide election.  This is one of those years.

Pawlenty was the last Republican to win a statewide election.  That was a long time ago.  Somehow, Waltz still has respectable polling numbers.  He didn't go as full commie as other Governors with covid BS. He sounded reasonable to the general public (even if the restrictions weren't). It is still an uphill battle for sure.  But at least this is the worst Democrats have stood in a long time with Covid, economy, and policing/public safety.  Waltz didn't exactly do great when Minneapolis was burning.  There is an opening here, but it is going to take a near flawless campaign by the winner.  We need another self inflicted error by Democrats sometime this summer or fall for me to have any real confidence that a Republican has a real shot to win.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as the worthless democrats keep handing out money to the lowlifes to not work, the democrats will win, unfortunately. If the rest of this states republicans get off there asses and vote, to combat the twin cities majority, we are fucked as usual!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Straw poll for my precinct was 10 votes  Jensen, 3 votes Gazelka. No votes for any other candidates.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
8 votes Jensen, 6 votes Murphy were the top two. Don’t remember the others. I was the only one from my township. Guess I’m going to the county convention.

Wrote a Stand Your Ground resolution to be voted on at the county convention.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The sad part is that Republicans are hanging on by the skin of their teeth in this state.  Almost all major positions in this state are held by Democrats.  AG, SoS, Governor.  They have a literal lock on both US Senate seats.  If it weren't for the State Senate being very narrowly Republican controlled we'd have a ton of liberal shit crammed down our throats.  At this point its almost impossible for any republican to get an serious name recognition and long term visibility to have a strong chance at running for any of those positions.  The main stream media slanting so far left just contributes to it even more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top