Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2020 3:48:08 PM EDT
Wonder if Cumo will legalize Catch and Release betting.....

https://www.whec.com/news/bronx-man-accused-of-stealing-thousands-in-electronics-from-victor-business/5599153/?cat=565

I got a $20 that says he doesn’t show.  Takers?
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have no faith in humanity?  He'll be there, I am sure he is quite scared after his very first run-in with the law.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have no faith in humanity?  He'll be there, I am sure he is quite scared after his very first run-in with the law.

Bill
View Quote
Won't they give him Gift Cards or something if he shows?
We know he's going to run or at the very least law-low and hope he doesn't get caught for something else...
As for the ones that DO run to another State: Do you have any idea how expensive it is to extradite someone?  Couple Officers, several days on the Road and/or in the Air, Meals, Per diem, etc. Ironic would be having to set them free again after bringing them back...sort of like the illegal immigrants we repeatedly catch, take back and subsequently catch again.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgot the obligatory "mi baby didn't do nuf'n"  
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It is so funny how fast this is imploding. The city and Nassau already have several catch-and-release offenders who have repeated crimes in less than 48 hours. Getting a real kick out of watching it all play out as most thought it would. Of course it will not change many minds in the legislature but it funny seeing our dimwits start claiming ignorance on knowing the ramifications of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is so funny how fast this is imploding. The city and Nassau already have several catch-and-release offenders who have repeated crimes in less than 48 hours. Getting a real kick out of watching it all play out as most thought it would. Of course it will not change many minds in the legislature but it funny seeing our dimwits start claiming ignorance on knowing the ramifications of it.
View Quote
Of course they do.
The general public does not understand or comprehend how the recidivist criminal element thinks or acts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: how the recidivist criminal element thinks or acts.
View Quote
Very significant insight.  Their brains, as a community, are wired differently.  Mental illness, violence, an perceptions of being the victim are a generational and cultural norm and are treated as being the standard for healthy individuals and the ecosystem.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
They just released a guy who killed a 9 MO baby, he’d previously beaten the baby.  I thought the release of murderers was hype, but apparently it is indeed true.   Of course Brian Kolbs DUI arrest gets 100 times more press.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They just released a guy who killed a 9 MO baby, he’d previously beaten the baby.  I thought the release of murderers was hype, but apparently it is indeed true.   Of course Brian Kolbs DUI arrest gets 100 times more press.
View Quote
Holy $4IT! Need source on that one.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Assistant district attorneys are leaving their jobs. The current situation is miserable. One guy around here has been arrested seven times for domestic related offenses and violating an order of protection. That’s just since the new rules started.  
I’m hearing that judges are taking some cases and trying to plea them down right then and there at the first court appearance. For instance, domestic violence with Criminal Contempt 1st, Harassment 2nd. Dropped to Crim. Contempt 2nd. Plead guilty to Disorderly Conduct, pay a fine. Next case.

This will lead to unsavory types who will just keep committing more and more crime. Why not?  There are no consequences.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
And another https://13wham.com/news/local/deputies-florida-man-found-in-stolen-car-in-victor-after-release-steals-another-car

Found in Victor NY with stolen car.  After arraignment steals another car, found later...meaning after being Cuomo Released he’s stolen two cars.

Do you think he will return for his court date?  I’m concerned, being homeless he may not receive is basketball game vouchers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
But wait, there’s more!   Man thanks Cuomo and State corrupt criminal politicians for sixth release this year. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bail-reform-law-nyc-subway-thief-thanks-democrats-139th-arrest.amp
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Luckily LeftWingScum and former Monroe county DA Michael Green says we are no less safe. https://13wham.com/news/local/former-da-michael-green-defends-criminal-justice-reform-says-changes-could-be-made
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#15]
https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/brooklyn-judge-uses-forgotten-state-law-to-bypass-bail-reform/

I bet they fix this "loophole" if more judges follow his lead.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/brooklyn-judge-uses-forgotten-state-law-to-bypass-bail-reform/

I bet they fix this "loophole" if more judges follow his lead.
View Quote
Pretty sure they will. In fact I suspect they will make the new law even stupider than it is now just to poke a finger in the eyes of all the judges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top