Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2021 1:57:23 PM EDT
Hi all....

My office has a handful....of brand new unused catalytic converters that are obsolete for us....

We want to get rid of them for scrap value.
Any idea where I can go to get rid of them for $$$ ?? (Any particular scrapyard or recycler?)
And any idea what they are worth ??

Thanks in advance.
-CG
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending what type, u can get about 200+ each. Although good luck selling to a legitimate business. Unless you are also an automotive business,
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending what type, u can get about 200+ each. Although good luck selling to a legitimate business. Unless you are also an automotive business,
View Quote

Thanks for the info......

Yes we are....auto manufacturer, and a state (ADOT) licensed dealer.
So we are 100% legit on our end.

Just looking for a place that is legit to trade them in for some cash.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the OEM quality ? As you know ,some are worth a lot others are cheap. What type of application /vehicles are they for . Are they direct fit , or universal weld in cats ?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are the OEM quality ? Yes they are OEM/NOS. We are an auto mfr.

As you know ,some are worth a lot others are cheap. What type of application /vehicles are they for . These are for cars or SUVs...luxury performance cars.

Are they direct fit , or universal weld in cats ? I honestly do not know....I can ask and try to find out. Not sure if the engineers would know.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like they are worth more than scrap.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 2:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are worth more than scrap.
View Quote

OK - so how do I find out how much or any ideas where we can take them to?
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I would see what they are selling for on ebay.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Put them on craigslist and market place, list what vehicles they fit, theres plenty of people getting them ripped off and would love to pay as little as $200 for a replacement they could then take to a mufler shop to have put in for another couple hundred.  Boss at work got his pruis cat stolen and had to spend $900 to get it replaced
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top