Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 12:05:56 PM EDT
meeting will be held December 12 at 5:30 p.m. at the Carson Center Community Center at 851 East William Street. Looks like the Sheriff is on our side, but I think there going to try to shut it down anyway. If your in the area you should go to the meeting. It's time to start fighting back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Frankly, the only way that range is going to stay open is with Range Officers. People have proven they aren't responsible enough to keep rounds on the right side of an entire fucking mountainside.

I've personally had to stop people from going out past the pistol bays and shooting out over Brunswick Canyon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not the direction there complaining about. It's 1 guy at the dump complaining. I'm not giving up on any issue I'm going to fight them on everything. If you do nothing that's exactly what you will get.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's not the direction there complaining about. It's 1 guy at the dump complaining. I'm not giving up on any issue I'm going to fight them on everything. If you do nothing that's exactly what you will get.
View Quote
Don't get me wrong, I want the range to stay open. I'm aware of the dump guy complaining. I'm simply of the opinion that Thunder Dome is going to have to get ROs, or will be shut down for liability issues.

I've quit hosting events there because of safety concerns. Even when I reserve an area and have theoretical responsibility for it, and provide ROs for my shoots, other people not involved in my shoot are a safety issue.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard talk that the city wants the land to expand the dump site.  May just be rumors, but if true they will continue to reduce hours of operation and otherwise make use so much of a hassle people will just stop going giving them the excuse needed.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that’s one way to encourage people to shoot in the hills. I’m in Reno and will drive there versus going to the Washoe Co. range. I guess I’ll start looking for spots in the hills.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to see what I can do to help http://www.carsonrapc.org/membership.html
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
We are in trouble. We need to educate our self's on how politics and how the system works. Tonight's meeting was like going to a victim support group. Almost no one had any good questions and no one had any good suggestions. We have allot to learn if we have any chance of fighting them. On a side note the 2 city council and the sheriff are on our side.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well that’s one way to encourage people to shoot in the hills. I’m in Reno and will drive there versus going to the Washoe Co. range. I guess I’ll start looking for spots in the hills.
View Quote
That's when the magic fire-starting bullets ignite raging infernos and they start implementing bans on shooting on public/private land.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Washoe county range won't let me shoot my 50 BMG so I've been going to the carson range.   Really hope it doesn't get shut down.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Washoe county range won't let me shoot my 50 BMG so I've been going to the carson range.   Really hope it doesn't get shut down.
View Quote
Why not?   If your not using steel core or tracers, they should have no reason to not let you shoot.   Especially if they are not full.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck us all. If you can't shoot in Nevada, then where the hell CAN we shoot? Fuck them libterd assholes. #PowderDry
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have some bad news:

Originally Posted By Carson Rifle and Pistol Range:
Firearms chambered in .50 BMG, 416 Barrett, 408 /375 Chey Tac, .338 Lapua or any round derived from the same or producing kinetic force equal to (or higher) are prohibited.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why not?   If your not using steel core or tracers, they should have no reason to not let you shoot.   Especially if they are not full.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
View Quote
Oh, because the muzzle blast might bother the pussies on either side.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could join the 50 BMG matches they hold quarterly out there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Board of Supervisors - Carson City County

For Possible Action: To introduce, on first reading, Bill No. _______, an ordinance approving a change of zoning for a 119.1 acre site from General Industrial to Single Family 6,000 for approximately 68.3 acres; Multi-family Apartment for approximately 18.0 acres; General Commercial for approximately 13.9 acres; and Public Regional for approximately 18.9 acres, for property located southeast of US Highway 50 and north east of Deer Run Road, within the V&T Specific Plan Area, APN's 008-521-54, -55, 89, 90, 008-522-16, -17, -18, 008-531-59, and -60.
View Quote
Let me know if the link works, please. Looks like the proposed development is due west, maybe a little north, of the range.

Attachment Attached File

The green lot is what looks to be the closest of those APNs to the range. Blue highlights one of the range parcels, you can see the pistol bays in the other parcel just south of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I will tell you that pussies or not the muzzle breaks on the 50 are a royal bitch when you’re sitting next to it (or a couple of tables over).   If the range was pretty empty then I agree with you, it was BS.   If however there were not too many empty spots, then I think it was best that you didn’t shoot it.

Either way,  if you feel like it. Write a complaint latter to the Parks Dept.  and/or the County board.  And state your case.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Board of Supervisors - Carson City County

Let me know if the link works, please. Looks like the proposed development is due west, maybe a little north, of the range.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/152077/carson_city_range_PNG-777593.JPG

The green lot is what looks to be the closest of those APNs to the range. Blue highlights one of the range parcels, you can see the pistol bays in the other parcel just south of it.
View Quote
Thanks, that makes more sense than expanding the dump that far.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
What you are going through is what we up here in western Washington state went through a few years ago.  Our local (private) range was shut down because someone bought a house next door then files a noise complaint.  From my house I have exactly 1 range within a hour drive to shoot at.  it is private and costs $50 a year.  it's only 100 yards and rules include no more than 5 rounds in a magazine, can't shoot faster than 1 round a second, you can only bring 1 weapon into the range at a time, no collecting brass (they keep it and sell it for scrap), only use their targets.  They have 5 shooting stations for rifle and 5 for pistol and you can only shoot for 1 hour if someone is waiting.

I'm not complaining too much because it is somewhere to shoot, but all the larger and good ranges that ran any sort of competitions or allowed you to stretch out beyond 100 yards are gone.  I have to drive 3 hours to shoot real distance or participate in any competitions.  Once people learn that they can shut down a range if they elect the right people or file the right noise complaint I fear you will all be going the direction we did. You do have the option of public land which is nice. Our closest public land is 2.5 hours away and they are in talks now to limit shooting on it so my advise is to fight every fight you face because if not you can look north or west to see your future.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What you are going through is what we up here in western Washington state went through a few years ago.  Our local (private) range was shut down because someone bought a house next door then files a noise complaint.  From my house I have exactly 1 range within a hour drive to shoot at.  it is private and costs $50 a year.  it's only 100 yards and rules include no more than 5 rounds in a magazine, can't shoot faster than 1 round a second, you can only bring 1 weapon into the range at a time, no collecting brass (they keep it and sell it for scrap), only use their targets.  They have 5 shooting stations for rifle and 5 for pistol and you can only shoot for 1 hour if someone is waiting.

I'm not complaining too much because it is somewhere to shoot, but all the larger and good ranges that ran any sort of competitions or allowed you to stretch out beyond 100 yards are gone.  I have to drive 3 hours to shoot real distance or participate in any competitions.  Once people learn that they can shut down a range if they elect the right people or file the right noise complaint I fear you will all be going the direction we did. You do have the option of public land which is nice. Our closest public land is 2.5 hours away and they are in talks now to limit shooting on it so my advise is to fight every fight you face because if not you can look north or west to see your future.
View Quote
Wow. That really blows.

It's sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top