Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2021 9:22:33 PM EDT
We’ll be camping in Hot Springs this week. I have a MO CCW and always carry while camping. With camping comes drinking. Not to excess, but I do like to have a couple around the fire. What are the laws on this in AR?  Not a problem in MO.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hot springs is a different town regarding carrying.  Others know better than I do so hopefully they will chime in.

Carrying is prohibited in the National park area which is one side of the street that has the bath houses on it.

Carrying is also prohibited in Hot Springs Village.

You are likely ok in the campground depending on which one.  It seems like Corp of Engineers has a prohibition, so if one of those keep it concealed
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hot springs is a different town regarding carrying.  Others know better than I do so hopefully they will chime in.

Carrying is prohibited in the National park area which is one side of the street that has the bath houses on it.

You are likely ok in the campground depending on which one.  It seems like Corp of Engineers has a prohibition, so if one of those keep it concealed
View Quote

That is no longer true. You can carry in the National Park, but not in federal buildings. Obama actually made CCW legal in regards to state laws.

I dont think HSV can prohibit carry, but I do not know that. Also im not aware of a Corp prohibition.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is no longer true. You can carry in the National Park, but not in federal buildings. Obama actually made CCW legal in regards to state laws.

I don't think HSV can prohibit carry, but I do not know that. Also im not aware of a Corp prohibition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think HSV can prohibit carry, but I do not know that. Also im not aware of a Corp prohibition.

Yes you can carry in the park, just remember the bath houses are Federal Buildings.

If you are going to HS to camp don't worry about HS Village as you most likely won't be going there.

AFAIK the Corp of Engineers still have prohibitions.  This will include the campgrounds around Lake Ouachita.

Drinking and carry are prohibited in Arkansas.  Don't even get caught around open containers.

ETA  Forgot to mention that in Arkansas you are required to inform the police if you interact with them when you have a permit and are carrying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top