Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 2:03:27 AM EDT
Is it legal to have a weapon in a car while parked at the Convention Center on Paradise?  Website says:

Weapons
• A personal or concealed weapon of any type is not permitted
• Nevada Revised Statute 202.3673 prohibits concealed weapons of any type on facility
property(s).

I thought the same NRS said a permittee is allowed otherwise.  What is your take on it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know what the legal answer is, but I can tell you that nobody cares and nobody is looking for pistols in hotel parking lots.
If they were, they would find a lot of them.

Carry in the convention center is a no go, and they do care generally.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
NRS 202.3673 applies to gov properties only, is convention center gov owned?

If it's private, then does not apply.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
the convention center is gov owned.
there are no signs or metal detectors surrounding parking areas so you are gtg there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the convention center is gov owned.
there are no signs or metal detectors surrounding parking areas so you are gtg there.
View Quote
I assure you you will be trespassed permanently if you carry (and get caught) at the convention center, unless you have some sort of agreement with security. I’ve seen people get blackballed for riding a bicycle without a flag and permit in there at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top