Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2018 7:37:14 PM EDT
A friend and I were having a discussion about carrying on school property since he works for a school district in the state.  He said he parked across the street and walked to work to be safe which I concur. Section b of the act states exceptions paragraphs (22) Nuclear Plants and (23) Federal Law as prohibited areas period.  All other areas are covered to store firearm in car.  There is a federal law prohibiting carry on school property but does this state exemption supersede federal law in this case or are you still subject to federal law?  Looking at the federal law it does appear it allows for states to set rules for permits holders.  It appears the 1000 ft rule doesn't apply if you have a permit subject to state regulation.  So back to paragraphs (22) and (23)?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Parking lot is safe haven....Gun can't leave the vehicle except to lock in trunk....Must have a lock between it and public if left in vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks.

Do you know if you have to create a new login on ISP site for renewal?  Can't access account ISP won't answer phone.  I remember they converted system where foid and CCL numbers the same but do we have start over?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok thanks.

Do you know if you have to create a new login on ISP site for renewal?  Can't access account ISP won't answer phone.  I remember they converted system where foid and CCL numbers the same but do we have start over?
View Quote
About 4 years ago when they changed system to remove Java requirement, it became necessary to reregister.  If you have not logged in since the change, then yes, you do need to create a new login. Some have been able to use same original email while others needed to use a new one.

e-mails for future reference:

[email protected]

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok thanks.

View Quote
Use your original User Name and Password. Mine works, yours should too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks.  I tried emailing the state with no luck too!  So just loggin not all my info again?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#6]
On the newer permits such as friend of mine no problem using old login. Mine wash before the change.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
March 2015 was the cut off point for requiring you to re-register.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top