Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2022 6:57:23 PM EDT
The wife and I are taking a trip to Ouray next week. Not going to Denver.

I no longer have a MO ccw permit as we went constitutional carry several years ago.

I want to bring a handgun with me.

We will be renting a Razor one day and hiking another. Is this easy to do in CO? Anything I should be concerned about?

I'm going to research myself but figured would be prudent to ask some locals also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Open carry is legal, no one in that area gives a shit about the mag ban. Although private property "no guns" signs carry no weight of law, they can ask you to leave and can press trespassing if you don't. If you're spending most your time in the back woods, no one will bat an eye about a guy with an open handgun

Shoot me a PM if you need a local contact out here
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Open carry is legal, no one I. That area gives a shit about the mag ban. Although private property "no guns" signs carry no weight of law, they can ask you to leave and can press trespassing if you don't. If you're spending most your time in the back woods, no one will bat an eye about a guy with an open handgun

Shoot me a PM if you need a local contact out here
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.cpr.org/2022/05/26/colorado-gun-law-questions-answered/

Define what "open carry" means in Colorado.

Colorado law allows for individuals to openly carry and display handguns and long rifles without special permits. Local governments have the authority to pass ordinances that prohibit open carry in certain buildings or public spaces. Denver, for example, has an ordinance banning open carry throughout the city.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
AFAIK in Ouray County you can open carry without restriction other than the usual spots (Federal properties, schools, etc.)

Tons of 4x4 rentals in Ouray as well as a bunch of hiking trails. Have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top