Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2021 4:37:25 AM EDT
In Berks.

With the online system in place for permit renewal, how does it work? I fill out the information online and they just mail me a new permit with my old picture or do they approve everything online then send you a letter to come in for a new photo?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
In Montco you fill out the online form, they send you an email it was "tentatively" approved.  You need a new picture so you schedule an appointment to get the picture and pick it up.  My appointment was 9:30,  and they let us in a minute or two early.  I was 6th or 7th in line, and was back in my truck at 9:38.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Same in Bucks - it's approved then you go in for a picture and get your new card.  I renewed back in June, was approved next day and picked up my card the day after that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Same in Adams County. I just renewed in April. But it wasnt a quick process for me.

The online form part took half an hour to fill out. It was approved 2 days later which was the 2nd week in March. Then I had to go on their website and scedule a time for my photo and permit pick up. The first available opening was April 28th 2 days before my permit expired. I even called to make sure it wasnt an error on the website but the lady confirmed they were booked out a month and a half.

When i got there it literally took 6 minutes and I was back in my truck with my fresh permit.

Sorry for the rant
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Renewed in Berks back in May.  After filling out the online form you will get an approval email to make an appointment.  Make the appointment for Reading Airport, super easy and fast.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
After reading this thread last night, I renewed mine online dor Lancaster County. I had a text message conformation that my permit was approved. I scheduled my pick up for Monday at 11:45.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After reading this thread last night, I renewed mine online dor Lancaster County. I had a text message conformation that my permit was approved. I scheduled my pick up for Monday at 11:45.
View Quote

Same in lanc. Re did mine a month ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it necessary to renew in the county in which you live, it would be much more convenient for me to renew in a neighboring county due to my work location.

Edited, never mind, I see I am required to apply in the county where I reside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top