Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2021 1:44:57 PM EDT
I applied recently and got printed last week. Is there a good write-up about carry laws in Indiana? Do's, do not's, etc ...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2020/ic/titles/035#35-47

That's the pertinent part of the Indiana Code.  Even if you find a summary or explanation, if you are going to carry or own a gun you need to read, study, and understand the actual code.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I applied recently and got printed last week. Is there a good write-up about carry laws in Indiana? Do's, do not's, etc ...

Thanks!
View Quote

Was the application process online only?  Did they mention how long it's taking them to issue the licenses?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

Quoted:
http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2020/ic/titles/035#35-47

That's the pertinent part of the Indiana Code.  Even if you find a summary or explanation, if you are going to carry or own a gun you need to read, study, and understand the actual code.
View Quote

Reading through it now! ??

Quoted:
Was the application process online only?  Did they mention how long it's taking them to issue the licenses?
View Quote

I did mine online the week before last and got printed last week Monday. There was a sign at the fingerprint place saying to wait 10 business days before contacting police. My local PD's office is still closed to walk-ins because of the virus; I'm going to call them today. I didn't see anywhere how long they're taking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

@abnk
I logged onto the portal today and found out I was approved. So about a month from my local PD sending it in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@abnk
I logged onto the portal today and found out I was approved. So about a month from my local PD sending it in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

@abnk

I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine took about a month to process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top