Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2008 8:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oden131]
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 9:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dusty_C] [#1]
Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, Ohio, Georgia, and New Hampshire all recognize our permits per http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
link? concealed carry.org i way behind the times, ill update the pic when i get back to a box with photoshop
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eddymunster] [#3]
So, if I am going to reside in Arkansas and I have an Idaho CCW, am I good to go until I wait the 1 year residency, take the required test, etc. to obtain the AR permit? I have read a lot on the interweb, but since I am a nomad and only go where my permit allows, I have not been able to nail down- "if I am a resident of Arkansas but my permit is from Idaho (which AR honors) am I good to go". The last thing I need is for my mother-in-law to have to bail my ass out of the hooskow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
if ar honors idahos permit you are good to go
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Even if I no longer reside in the issuing state?
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
if your state of residence had changed im not sure you would probably need to know from idaho if they think you are still valid, if they do you should be fine
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya, I have checked into it but nothing definitive. I will keep looking. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Paging Cajunboy!
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Originally Posted By eddymunster:
So, if I am going to reside in Arkansas and I have an Idaho CCW, am I good to go until I wait the 1 year residency, take the required test, etc. to obtain the AR permit? I have read a lot on the interweb, but since I am a nomad and only go where my permit allows, I have not been able to nail down- "if I am a resident of Arkansas but my permit is from Idaho (which AR honors) am I good to go". The last thing I need is for my mother-in-law to have to bail my ass out of the hooskowYes you are good to go but only after you transfer your Idaho permit to Arkansas through the Arkansas State Police. Looks like the fee is $79.25, for more info go to www.asp.state.ar.us/  Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 4:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cajunboy] [#10]

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Paging Cajunboy!

I don't know. I think AR n AR in correct. I still have my Florida non resident permit. Its good for another year. I need to give ASP a call and see what they say - if they will ever answer the phone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By AR-N-AR:

Originally Posted By eddymunster:
So, if I am going to reside in Arkansas and I have an Idaho CCW, am I good to go until I wait the 1 year residency, take the required test, etc. to obtain the AR permit? I have read a lot on the interweb, but since I am a nomad and only go where my permit allows, I have not been able to nail down- "if I am a resident of Arkansas but my permit is from Idaho (which AR honors) am I good to go". The last thing I need is for my mother-in-law to have to bail my ass out of the hooskow.

Yes you are good to go but only after you transfer your Idaho permit to Arkansas through the Arkansas State Police. Looks like the fee is $79.25, for more info go to www.asp.state.ar.us/  Good Luck

Thank you Sir, I will check into it when we arrive if we can ever find a rental to meet my wifes requirements.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By cajunboy:

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Paging Cajunboy!

I don't know. I think AR n AR in correct. I still have my Florida non resident permit. Its good for another year. I need to give ASP a call and see what they say - if they will ever answer the phone.
I knew you'd dealt with a similar deal.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Idaho told me today that my CWL was good in any state with reciprocity even if I no longer reside in the issuing state of Idaho. I really don't want to surrender my Idaho CWL for 120 days until I recieve the Ar one. I would not feel right not packing. Wouldn't it be easier to just take the test to get the Ar license and still keep my Idaho one while I was waiting?
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
yes thats what i would do
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Any idea who would be the go to guy around Fayetteville for the testing?
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dusty_C] [#16]
Update.

Until recently, we did not honor Georgia, but now we do.

And Oregon, Washington, and New Mexico all have open carry provisions.

Also, keep in mind that when you're in other states, they often have very stupid or very different laws than us. Example. Virginia honors our permit. But like Virginia residents, they do not allow concealed carry in places that serve alcohol. It is however perfectly ok to open carry in a bar in VA.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:49:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oden131] [#17]
will update when i get back from the lake, later im gone camping

ok pic is now updated red is for open carry, and this is my first tacked thread...cool
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Bump

For an update does anyone have any updated info on Florida?

I had a customer at Academy awhile back during a gun sale who provided his Florida Concealed Carry Permit however this guy was an Arkansas resident.  The FL permit had his AR address.

Just the other day I had another customer say he was gonna renew his FL permit because more states recognized their Carry permit over the Arkansas one.  He stated that FL would issue him one with his AR address too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#19]
You can get a Non-resident permit from FL.  They are a must issue state so unless you have a problem and are disqualified, then they must issue  the permit.

The FL permit is recognized in a few more states than the Ark permit alone.  However, some states do not recognize a Non Resident permit so you still need your Ark permit to cover those states.

I have both.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know of a instructor that could help me obtain the CHL in NW Arkansas in the area or Berryville by any chance?
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Per ASP, we now have reciprocity with Delaware and Pennsylvania.
ASP
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
Per ASP, we now have reciprocity with Delaware and Pennsylvania.
ASP

i'm still waiting on IA, NE, and WY
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I am a MO resident with FL non-resident CCW license.  I plan to visit some friends in southern MO next week and may go shopping in Mountain Home AR. Does AR honor FL license held by non FL resident?  
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:

I am a MO resident with FL non-resident CCW license.  I plan to visit some friends in southern MO next week and may go shopping in Mountain Home AR. Does AR honor FL license held by non FL resident?  

Thanks.

yer G2G.

Link Posted: 11/18/2009 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tweeder:

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:
Thanks.

yer G2G.

Very cool. Thanks for a quick answer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#26]
But to get a AR permit you will have send in your Idaho permit then AR will take 4 mos to Issue a new one
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Wyoming is now on the list of states
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:01:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firemandan51] [#28]
From the Legal Heat list: Iowa, Wyoming and Nebraska are on the reciprocity list. On your map they are in white. I heard that New Mexico now honors our CCW permits, not certain on this though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I just want to make sure I understand correctly.  I am leaving the Commie state of IL, no CCW  I already have a valid FL. non-resident carry permit.  I am permanitly moving to AR.  I will need to be an AR. resident for 1 year
before applying for the AR CCW permit.  Until then, I can carry CCW  with the FL permit, correct?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDMnAR] [#30]
Originally Posted By Firemandan51:
From the Legal Heat list: Iowa, Wyoming and Nebraska are on the reciprocity list. On your map they are in white. I heard that New Mexico now honors our CCW permits, not certain on this though.

All four of the statess mentioned above honor the AR carry permit.

Originally Posted By rvnvet:
I just want to make sure I understand correctly.  I am leaving the Commie state of IL, no CCW  I already have a valid FL. non-resident carry permit.  I am permanitly moving to AR.  I will need to be an AR. resident for 1 year
before applying for the AR CCW permit.  Until then, I can carry CCW  with the FL permit, correct?

Negative - you must be an AR resident for a minimum of 90 consecutive days prior to submitting your application, not a full year.

More info - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_45/458124_Arkansas_CHL_rules_and_regs___round_2.html

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#31]

where ya moving to?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JDMnAR:
Originally Posted By Firemandan51:

All four of the statess mentioned above honor the AR carry permit.

Negative - you must be an AR resident for a minimum of 90 consecutive days prior to submitting your application, not a full year.

More info - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_45/458124_Arkansas_CHL_rules_and_regs___round_2.html

90 days, correct.  Just went back and re-read the rules.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By far_right:

where ya moving to?

Just North of Mountain Home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#34]
gimme a holler when you get down here, I'll hook you up!  I have a class oct 1 if you will be down here in time...
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]
thank you!
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#36]
The map needs updated with this map here.  Currently, only CA, OR, CT, MA, NY & NYC, MD, and IL do not honor our permit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll try to update sunday
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#38]
last update as of 1-25-13

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#40]
So my wife has a green card.  AR requires citizenship but VA will (shall) issue to non resident with a green card. With reciprocity this seems like a solution. Who in authority can I call to confirm AR position on this? Letter to AG? Lawyer referral?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I have been here a few months. Resident of AR. I have a Wisconsin carry permit. I know there's reciprocity but I saw on the first page back from 2008 someone mentioned you have to transfer the carry permit to Arkansas through the state police. Still the case?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
I have been here a few months. Resident of AR. I have a Wisconsin carry permit. I know there's reciprocity but I saw on the first page back from 2008 someone mentioned you have to transfer the carry permit to Arkansas through the state police. Still the case?
View Quote

Yes, to transfer your WI permit to AR you need go to through ASP.  Instructions can be found here.  Not sure if you can use the online form for a transfer, so the printable form is here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Yes, to transfer your WI permit to AR you need go to through ASP.  Instructions can be found here.  Not sure if you can use the online form for a transfer, so the printable form is here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks man. Does it really take 4 months? I don't want to go 4 mo the without being able to carry. Seems like it might just be easier to go through an AR class and get it that way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Thanks man. Does it really take 4 months? I don't want to go 4 mo the without being able to carry. Seems like it might just be easier to go through an AR class and get it that way.
View All Quotes

Not sure how long a transfer takes but don't think it's anywhere close to 4 months.    They allow 120 days on an initial permit however.   But Arkansas is now a Constitutional Carry state so the permit is MEH.   Helps when traveling out of state and making a firearms purchase through a dealer.   Rather than getting an AR permit you could also get a non resident out of state permit from FL or AZ.   Cheaper and get them much quicker.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BamaInArk:

Not sure how long a transfer takes but don't think it's anywhere close to 4 months.    They allow 120 days on an initial permit however.   But Arkansas is now a Constitutional Carry state so the permit is MEH.   Helps when traveling out of state and making a firearms purchase through a dealer.   Rather than getting an AR permit you could also get a non resident out of state permit from FL or AZ.   Cheaper and get them much quicker.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BamaInArk:

Pretty sure the 120 days was "as written" when permits were first rolled out.  I haven't ever heard how long transfers usually take, but most new/renewal permits are much quicker than the allowed time.  As Bama mentioned, Act 746 supporters (and some state officials) say that Arkansas is now a constitutional carry state - but there are those in both legislature and law enforcement who disagree with that interpretation.  Seeing as how there isn't any decided case law on the books confirming our constitutional carry status - you must decide how risk-averse you are when deciding if you get a permit or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top