Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 5:53:19 AM EDT
Let's say you have a 6 shot revolver that is a good carry sized gun.  You shoot it better than any other gun you own.  You also have a compact 9mm carry gun that holds10+1.  You shoot the revolver much better but you also shoot this compact 9mm well enough you are comfortable carrying it.

Would the extra capacity off a gun you shoot good with trump the 6 shot revolver you shoot very well with?

Would you say good enough accuracy is good enough and go with the extra capacity or would you choose the gun with limited capacity and slightly more difficult reloading because you are awesome with it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let's say you have a 6 shot revolver that is a good carry sized gun.  You shoot it better than any other gun you own.  You also have a compact 9mm carry gun that holds10+1.  You shoot the revolver much better but you also shoot this compact 9mm well enough you are comfortable carrying it.

Would the extra capacity off a gun you shoot good with trump the 6 shot revolver you shoot very well with?

Would you say good enough accuracy is good enough and go with the extra capacity or would you choose the gun with limited capacity and slightly more difficult reloading because you are awesome with it?
View Quote

Some New York detective once said the fastest reload is a spare gun! I have been known to carry both my snubby and a 1911. But my daughter relieved me of my snubby! But I guess she needs it worse than I.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Define shooting it better:

6" with an auto vs 4" slow fire, single action at 50 yards? Don't care.

Can I get A zone hits at speed out to 15 yards with either? Give me the auto.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some New York detective once said the fastest reload is a spare gun! I have been known to carry both my snubby and a 1911. But my daughter relieved me of my snubby! But I guess she needs it worse than I.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone needs a backup gun.  Considering the long history of truly terrible police accuracy in New York they could carry a sack full of guns and the target has a pretty good chance of surviving unscathed lol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Define shooting it better:

6" with an auto vs 4" slow fire, single action at 50 yards? Don't care.

Can I get A zone hits at speed out to 15 yards with either? Give me the auto.
View Quote
Good enough you are comfortable carrying it as a self defense gun.  That benchmark would depend on each shooter.

Better than good enough is a gun that person shoots best.

I have several guns I shoot well enough to be very comfortable using them as a carry gun.  I have a couple guns that I shoot very well.  Significantly more accurately.

The question being would you choose a low capacity gun that you are very good with or a high capacity gun you are "good enough" with?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top