Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2023 2:55:44 PM EDT
Family and I will be in Carlsbad for 5 weeks.  

Obviously we'll hit up the Midway, Zoo, Legoland and Mexican food.  Anything else you all recommend?

I'm coming from Virginia, I'm pretty sure I can't carry there, but is it true that I can't bring any of my current firearms there unless they're on "the list?"

So no ARs, Gen5 Glocks and such?

Any good ranges around there if I do have something I can bring?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You can bring your pistol, just can't have a threaded barrel and no mags over 10 rounds. The roster doesn't apply to out of state gun owners, so don't worry about it.

You can bring an AR, it just has to be featureless. Which is a PITA for someone coming from out of state to deal with.

There's a few gun stores in the area, just Google and visit while in town.

5 weeks, travel more of the state, Vegas isn't far...
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
P2k range and weapons and gear range are 2 worth visiting in san diego.  

What other things are you interested in?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.otherhand.org/home-page/search-and-rescue/the-hunt-for-the-death-valley-germans/

Read this story if you're planning on going out into the desert. Lots to see, just be careful if you decide to head out into any of it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
When will you be arriving?

Check with the Santa Margarita Gun Club for shooting events held at Camp Pendleton.  They host pistol and rifle events.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Fort Rosecrans, Coronado Island, Mt Soledad, Julian, Palomar Observatory, Anza Borrego state park, Metal Sculptures in desert around Borrego Springs, Birch aquarium, Oceanside Thursday night street market, Oceanside Harbor, Oceanside Surf Museum, Padres game, Stone Brewery tour...

I'm right next door in Oceanside so hit me up if you got any questions or need anything while you're here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top