Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2022 2:45:17 PM EDT
I'm thinking about visiting Carlisle for a day later in April for the big car show. Is there enough to see on Sunday, or should I go on Saturday? Anything else to see while up that way?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Spring show is huge. Are you looking for something in particular? Or just looking around?  You can walk and look all day long and not see everything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spring show is huge. Are you looking for something in particular? Or just looking around?  You can walk and look all day long and not see everything.
View Quote

I'm not looking for anything in particular. I'm taking a friend who loves cars and I know she likes Corvettes.

It looks like the show ends Sunday at noon, so Saturday is probably the best day to visit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I only lived in Carlisle for a year, and I'm not really a car guy, but it was amazing to see all the classic Corvettes and other cars roll into town. I recall there were cars arriving all week, like the unofficial show started during the week as everyone started to gather for Saturday. Constant stream of cars on the streets around the fairgrounds. I definitely remember it petering out on Sunday morning though as everyone started to clear out of town and head home.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Saturday is the best day to go. Get there 7 or 8am, have some breakfast, and start looking.

Parts, tires, old cars, newer cars, tools, parts, antiques, collectibles, parts, food, magazines, service manuals, motorcycles/dirtbikes/minibikes/bicycles.

Best place to find all that stuff you didnt know you needed
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Saturday is the best day to go. Get there 7 or 8am, have some breakfast, and start looking.

Parts, tires, old cars, newer cars, tools, parts, antiques, collectibles, parts, food, magazines, service manuals, motorcycles/dirtbikes/minibikes/bicycles.

Best place to find all that stuff you didnt know you needed
View Quote

Any recommendations for a good breakfast place at or near the fairgrounds?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any recommendations for a good breakfast place at or near the fairgrounds?
View Quote

On the fairgrounds is the best option. There is a Crackle Barrel on the south side of town right by the 81 overpass. But it will be packed. There are alot of food trucks setup on the grounds aswell as a food court kinda thing with many options. There is something for everybody
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the fairgrounds is the best option. There is a Crackle Barrel on the south side of town right by the 81 overpass. But it will be packed. There are alot of food trucks setup on the grounds aswell as a food court kinda thing with many options. There is something for everybody
View Quote

Thanks for the information. I'm glad there is lots of food at the fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the information. I'm glad there is lots of food at the fairgrounds.
View Quote

You are quite welcome

The forecast looks nice it should be a great weekend up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top