Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2022 8:01:46 AM EDT
Any else having a problem with car parts?  I’m looking at you, Canada and your vaxx mandate.

I’m waiting on a front hub assembly, it’s been two weeks.  I’ve never waited for GM parts this long.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've bought stuff for the 435iX (serpentine belt/tensioner pulley and idler pulley) and got it three or four days later.

I also had to buy new parts for the sunroof in the 2011 Genesis Coupe.  Same thing, got them 4 or 5 days after ordering.

I do see, on the FTE (Ford truck forum) that some people have had accident type damage to their trucks and the trucks have been sitting for 4 to 6 months, or more, waiting on new Ford parts.  These were new trucks, not something with an established aftermarket parts source/supply chain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a lady side swipe my F150 while it was parked and luckily the boby shop could find a replacement door but he said that parts were
very hard to find
A lot of body shops were also booked out for months
I just dropped mine off for the work
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Been told some common parts are 3 weeks back order.

Not car parts but went to four stores today looking for distilled water...nada....seriously....distilled water is hard to come.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

My dad needed some for Cpap. Mclearen Square Food Lion (green label to the right)
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a car at the local dealership for over a month waiting on a clutch and a few other transmission items.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
@west2746

My vet told me to get some distilled water for my cat last week.  3 stores before I found some.

One store clerk mentioned that people were buying it all for their hydroponic setups under the new law.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@west2746

One store clerk mentioned that people were buying it all for their hydroponic setups under the new law.
View Quote

Why does one need distilled water for this? Would anything but tap water work fine?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why does one need distilled water for this? Would anything but tap water work fine?
View Quote

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Ha. I’m not worried. I use it to mix medicine. Luckily I can get a small bottle of it from the pharmacist at CVS. It is what I had to do this past week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on your tap water I guess.  Hell if I know.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any else having a problem with car parts?  I’m looking at you, Canada and your vaxx mandate.

I’m waiting on a front hub assembly, it’s been two weeks.  I’ve never waited for GM parts this long.
View Quote

Oh before i quit my parts job at my last GM dealer on 1/10/22 i had transmission's tha hadnt shown up from the summer and diesel parts from sept

Parts stores werent as bad but id call around when i give service the option of OE or Advance

fn oil filters for buicks and 3.0 diesels unobtainium

are you buying out of warranty and what part number

when i start my new parts job i can do a search for the part number next week
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
It’s a front hub assembly for a Suburban/Yukon XL/Escalade ESV.  4- wheel drive.  It has a speed sensor so maybe it’s a chip issue?
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I nailed a deer  the 2nd sunday of Nov,

took 2 weeks to get an appt to have it looked at (fortunately it is drivable)
parts guy at Caliber Collision told me they were having trouble getting parts, and scheduled me for Jan 31st,

got a call 4 days after I dropped it off saying they had some issues with the hood they ordered and it was supposed to come in yesterday,

for a 2015 honda Civic,  

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The spice must flow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#15]
One month - back in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top