Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/13/2021 2:27:36 PM EDT
Forwarded from Nextdoor, yeah, I know, Karen-central.

Car-jacking. Please be careful out there. My husband was car-jacked today in the parking lot at Sams on Morse Road. The man shoved a gun in his face and threatened to shoot him if he didn’t hand over his keys and wallet. It happened at 2pm - lots of people around. The man slipped into the passenger seat as my husband was getting into the car. Another man was waiting to jump in as soon as he got out and they were gone.   Things are very dangerous out there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's a bad day...

Cars have gotten a lot harder to steal when unoccupied.  Carjackings are becoming more common.  Be safe out there everyone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
OK question... after i get out  and he gets in can i draw my weapon and shoot the fuck in the face?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK question... after i get out  and he gets in can i draw my weapon and shoot the fuck in the face?
View Quote

Well that's a good question.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
That side of Morse rd is a hell hole.  Never go over there anymore
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably not. At that point, the threat is over from a legal standpoint.

ETA you might be able to make the argument that you were making a citizen's arrest and had to shoot him because he was a threat to the general public. There was an OH supreme court case back in 08/09 that extended Tennessee v. Garner to private person arrests.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top