Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2019 9:03:18 AM EDT
Any recommendations for canoe camping in Northern VT? My daughter said she wants to try it. It might be too late to get a reservation at a park, but I want to give it a shot. We have everything we would need, so rentals or equipment is not needed. Since it is our first time, easier is better, but any recommendations would be great.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to check with the Green Mountain Club to see what they know.

I haven't been in VT for long, but haven't come across anyone pursuing canoe camping. When I was young we always went on the Saco or Allagash in ME.

I'll ask around some old-timers and see what I can learn.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used this park but it is on my bucket list. I've heard great things about it.

Green River

Scott
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darkhorse1972:
I have never used this park but it is on my bucket list. I've heard great things about it.

Green River

Scott
View Quote
Thanks. That's where we are headed. The ones on Lake Champlain looked like they were either a pretty long way out for a first trip, or there weren't many sites. I am excited about this trip. Now I need to get the canoe out on the water to make sure it still floats.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
So, How was the trip?
Any pictures?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top