Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2021 6:57:15 PM EDT
Gonna be back soon and am looking to get some training.  Would love to know who people use for medical training and some firearm training.

Really need help with handgun use.  Also CPR and wound care.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Independence Training
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Independence Training
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tactical Medic is/was an ARFCOMMER.

Firearms training used to be done by "rizzo" (Glen I think) on this forum.

Someone will chime in for his business name.
View Quote

Yep.
Go to Glen at Independence Training to get medical and firearms training
Go to Shawn at The Tactical Medic to buy your medical supplies.

Both are solid guys.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you - bookmarked Independence to see if I can get a Stop The Bleed class - I did the online already.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
While expensive I highly recommend gunsite Paulden AZ for firearms training.
They are the ones that started it all, have been around for about 1/2 a century
Almost every well respected trainer in the business at one point or another worked for or was trained by them.

Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Independence Training
View Quote

great guys
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone taken the stop the bleed class at independence training?  Is it actually in person?  It just says Mesa but doesn't say where. It also mentions a hosting tuition cost but doesn't seem to provide any further info.  I'm poking around the website but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone taken the stop the bleed class at independence training?  Is it actually in person?  It just says Mesa but doesn't say where. It also mentions a hosting tuition cost but doesn't seem to provide any further info.  I'm poking around the website but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
View Quote

Yes, I attended one of their classes in person that was hosted by my gun club. It was excellent, with a lot of emphasis on combat-relevance and real-world application from medics with actual field experience.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to go to that one, did the online, and it seems like excellent training to go with the Dept training - more is better! It looked like the "tuition" from Independence was a whole dollar...
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The monthly stop the bleed classes were at The Tactical Medic in the past, Greenfield and McKellips area.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
From their website,

FREE Stop the Bleed classes are held here at the store the 2nd Saturday of every month 9-11am
View Quote

Interestingly enough,

Persons present active signs of illness (coughing, etc.) will not be allowed entry.
View Quote

I have allergies and I am a smoker - getting discriminated against blows. Of course, that might have changed - the website still shows an events list for 2020...

http://www.thetacticalmedic.com/home.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Having been to Gunsite myself, my answer for all firearms training is Gunsite.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From their website,

Interestingly enough,

I have allergies and I am a smoker - getting discriminated against blows. Of course, that might have changed - the website still shows an events list for 2020...

http://www.thetacticalmedic.com/home.html
View Quote

Having taken several classes at Independence, I can assure you won't be discriminated against in any way. The gents there know a smokers cough from a China flu cough
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely go to Independence Training. I've taken several classes. I would highly suggest that everyone take their IFAK lifesaver class.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gonna be back soon and am looking to get some training.  Would love to know who people use for medical training and some firearm training.

Really need help with handgun use.  Also CPR and wound care.
View Quote

Independence Training. Took their basic and intermediate CCW courses as well as a free Stop the Bleed and I cannot recommend them enough. I actively shot better after the former.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you - I will look them up then.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

My name is Glen and I am the head instructor for Independence Training. Our Stop The Bleed classes are taught by real field medics and are absolutely done in person, as are all of our classes. We do not discriminate against anyone, and we are one of the few training companies in the area that didn't bitch out and quit training during all of the COVID silliness. The Tactical Medic had some concerns about it initially because the owner has elderly parents that he is around a lot, but that was not a problem that affected our courses.

STB is done at The Tactical Medic, for free (or $1 if you register online to officially save a seat), on the second Saturday of every month from 9a-11a. Family friendly, lots of hands on, no clinical nonsense, no death by Powerpoint. Here is the link: https://independencetraining.square.site/product/stop-the-bleed/34?cs=true&cst=custom

After STB, you should really consider one of our other courses, like IFAK Life Saver, which expands on the stop the bleed concepts and much, much more, including realistic scenarios with role players and wound moulage.

Any other questions, shoot me an email [email protected] and I'll answer all of your questions. I don't come here to ARFCOM too much these days, but it's good to see that a number of our students are still in here representin'.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I went to a "dirt medicine" class with Independence Training in the before time, before covid.  It was a good time, learned a lot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 2:11:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I will be going.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Glen is the man! He has a great team of people teaching at each class I have taken.   I have taken several classes and bring my family to take them with me.  I need to take carbine and pistol refreshers again and medical.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Go to Glen at Independence Training to get medical and firearms training
Go to Shawn at The Tactical Medic to buy your medical supplies.

Both are solid guys.
View Quote

100% agree.  https://www.independencetraining.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I am an ACLS paramedic and a former infantry/EOD Corpsman with several combat deployments. I used to teach TCCC and live tissue to LE agencies, independent agencies, alphabet soup agencies and more.

I highly recommend taking a first responder class. Then, taking a more tactical TCCC type of class. Having baseline level of A&P and basic medical knowledge really helps. Then, you can expand upon it and know what you are doing and why. You can then piece out your med kit instead of buying pre packaged one size fits all kits. I still teach for our church security team and others here and there.

You learn things from experience like how to stop an arterial bleed where a tourniquet can’t be placed. Just a few weeks ago I pulled up on a bad car accident and cleared s lady’s airway and stopped a pretty bad venous bleed
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Having been to Gunsite myself, my answer for all firearms training is Gunsite.
View Quote

1+
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top