Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 10:09:45 AM EDT
DSS owes me $1420 and won't return my calls.
From DSS overcharging me for services (over 3yrs), they owed me $1800. After 9 months of painstakingly trying to get my funds returned, they sent me 2 checks. One of which bounced. So, now they owe me $1400 for the check and $20 for bank fees. They continue to blow me off and not return calls.  I even contacted the AG's office and they're useless.

Never done this before, what are my options? I watched the Slidecast on https://www.jud.ct.gov/, but it doesn't answer some of my questions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you called your rep? What about local news? Nothing lights a fire like a little bad publicity.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DSS owes me $1420 and won't return my calls.
From DSS overcharging me for services (over 3yrs), they owed me $1800. After 9 months of painstakingly trying to get my funds returned, they sent me 2 checks. One of which bounced. So, now they owe me $1400 for the check and $20 for bank fees. They continue to blow me off and not return calls.  I even contacted the AG's office and they're useless.

Never done this before, what are my options? I watched the Slidecast on https://www.jud.ct.gov/, but it doesn't answer some of my questions.
View Quote

You may actually need to get permission to sue the state from the state
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:You may actually need to get permission to sue the state from the state
View Quote

So, you're saying there's a chance
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, you're saying there's a chance
View Quote

yes however I would consult with a lawyer first- they would be able to advise without billing you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top