Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2019 4:31:55 PM EDT
I'm coming to Knob Creek again and coming straight to the event on Sat. Is it legal to be in KY driving with loaded mags - I'd like to preload at home then get to the open shooting are in the lower range ready to go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can have loaded mags here
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, legal to have loaded mags in the car and legal to have loaded mags in the guns in the car and legal to have live rounds in the chambers. Guns legal if open to plain sight in the cars. Don't cover them up unless you have a concealed carry license. If you have a concealed carry license from any state, put them anywhere you want them to be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
To add to what softpoint said..

Whether you have a CCDW license or not, a firearm is NOT considered concealed in KY if it is in any factory original compartment, regardless of whether the compartment locks or not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
my plan is to have the guns in my range bag and loaded mags in a backpack, all in the cargo area of a sport ute. i have an ccw.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my plan is to have the guns in my range bag and loaded mags in a backpack, all in the cargo area of a sport ute. i have an ccw.
View Quote
Perfectly legal. ????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top