Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2021 9:45:03 PM EDT
Or do you have to go through the AG's office?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they can, but will probably bump you to the AG.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
I believe they can, but will probably bump you to the AG.
View Quote

We're talkin' bout RI. I got a guy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Then yes, as far as I know they can
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#4]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Then yes, as far as I know they can
View Quote

Just being snarky. I just wanted to be sure that the CLEO could do it.

Thank You
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrVenkman87] [#5]
Nvm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
Or do you have to go through the AG's office?
View Quote

if you have a carry license from any other state, MA LTC for example, then yes can you apply through any town in RI. some towns are more pro-2A than others. Many towns are shall issue. You will need to complete a qualification test for your application. Each town sets their own fees with the state min at $40.

I live in RI and have my CCW. Additionally I have a CT pistol permit and MA LTC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:05:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#7]
Is there any way to do it remotely?  I’ve never tried to do non-res.  I’m in RI only once a year for about a week so I don’t have time to get a local instructor, go to the AG office for a bg check, and do a local pickup if approved.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#8]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:
Is there any way to do it remotely?  I’ve never tried to do non-res.  I’m in RI only once a year for about a week so I don’t have time to get a local instructor, go to the AG office for a bg check, and do a local pickup if approved.
View Quote

IDK, I would think that there would or is a way to do it remotely. You know, because it's for a non-resident permit.

But we're dealing with RI.🤷‍♂️

I've been gone for almost 5 years and only been back once this Past Nov. but considering the direction they have been going in.....well you understand.

Probably better staying away.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not know about remotely, but I assume you can.
I got mine only AFTER I got my Florida permit. If you have a permit from any other state, the PD is mostly SHALL ISSUE, though a few towns are less friendly, than others. PM me if you want specific info. I TOO got a guy.
Since I'm in the RI forum, let me speak in a language you will all understand.
"Do you know who the fuck I am?"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top