Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2018 7:42:06 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a place outside Portland where you can hike a ways in and camp for a night ?

I'm not trying to do anything other than hike in a mile or two with my survival bag and a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Hike into Dinger Lake, just NW of Timothy lake. You may run into a hunter nut that's about it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Any other suggestions ?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Look into the Molalla River drainage area outside of Molalla. Also the Fish Creek area up the Clackamas River east of Estacada.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Is somebody going to drop you off? Reason I ask is around where I live people will shoot up any vehicle they find. I wouldn't leave my car parked in the woods over night.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I hike all the time and rarely see anyone with a weapon other than a hunter. (I’m in a SAR group and go out all hours).  Perhaps twice in 40 years.  Perhaps Consider not openly carrying unless you wish. It turns some folks off, especially out of the Portland area.  More east , and especially with horseback riding it is common.

Sullivan books are a good resource.

Have fun and just get out there.

Night hiking is especially good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
look at a map find some blm or wilderness land then go there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is somebody going to drop you off? Reason I ask is around where I live people will shoot up any vehicle they find. I wouldn't leave my car parked in the woods over night.
View Quote
I have never had an issue. I have parked on the shoulder of road before never a problem but these where very remote areas. down lower closer to cities, it does happen. I had friend that was checking his game camera. He came back to find his vehicle heavily vandalized. I know some people have had issues at trails heads with thief, robberies and vandalism. IMHO the more people the greater the chance something could happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top